I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild
    All I ask is what makes you "conclude" that evolution is guided...its ok if you don't want to respond...I was just interested in how you arrived at that conclusion...or arrived as to why it is more probable...no big deal...I can see we won't get answer from you on this so happy to leave it. - Notsure

I have explained my conclusions in my OP. You are clearly not interested at how I arrived at my conclusion. The evidence is that you linked on the thread bias science. Science does not prove or disprove God and neither dies my OP, but that's what your link is trying to do.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I did not state this anywhere on this thread. If you think I did please show me.

It's in your OP Kate.

I draw the conclusion that a Creator could be responsible for guiding the process, others may feel this is evidence of evolution without external guidance.
    The fact that I keep asking for more information is proof I am very interested in understanding your perspective. - K99
    It can also be proof that you're trying to prove me wrong, and I don't play those games.

It's not a game. I'm not trying to prove anything. I am simply asking for your views and your reasoning process.

An avowed atheist might say "I have drawn the conclusion that natural selection is a valid and reasonable explanation for all the molecules being left handed because the hypothesis is not disproved by the facts and follows the pattern of scientific explanation for many, many other and similar bio-chemical processes." - K99
    Is this what you're saying K99?
    I have drawn the conclusion that evolution is guided and is a valid and reasonable explanation for all the molecules being left handed because the hypothesis is not disproved by the facts.

No, it's not what I am saying. I was using an example of what how someone else might explain their reasoning to contrast with what you had done (or not done) so far in the thread.

Thank you for now qualifying your conclusion. Given that there are at least two potential conclusions to the L/H molecule (NS and deity guided), why come to any conclusion at all? Could you decide just to say "I don't know, it could be either, so I will wait for further evidence one way or the other"? Why choose one over the other?

I still don't understand how you made yours up and I really, really, really am really, really, really interested to do so. - K99
    There are things I don't understand too, it's all a matter of getting yourself better educated in the topic if it's so important to you, but I don't believe you're interested at all.

Why do you keep telling yourself I'm not interested?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I have explained my conclusions in my OP.

No you didn't. You stated your conclusion.

The best explanation we have for how you arrived at that conclusion is "because the hypothesis is not disproved by the facts" and it's taken 6 pages to get there.

• KateWild
    KateWild

K99,

I disagree with you. I have explained my conclusion. But if you feel I haven't that's your opinion.

I keep saying you're not interested because you're questions are the same and repetitive. You're not asking anything new. If you are interested in enatiomers then learn about them.

You're just going round in circles because you have got something to prove and I haven't.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I have explained my conclusion.

No you most certainly have not explained how you arrive at your conclusion.

You're not asking anything new.

Perhaps answering our first questions might then make us ask other follow up questions that are different?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Notsure and K99,

You have both got an agenda. You are both biased with views of your own. You both don't believe in a creator. That's fine.

The problem with both of you is that you both think you are right and your agenda is to prove that on this thread.

I have explained my conclusion in the OP. I am satisfied that I have. Carry on telling me that I haven't if you like it's your perogative. But it's getting repetitve and neither of you seem to be able to accept this.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Kate, this thread came about because I expressed my frustration elsewhere that time and time again when eloquent supporters of natural selection debate with creationists it ends up with the creationist trouncing off when challenged on the nebulous nature of their conclusions. It always boils down to some kind of feeling or abstract reason yet the naturalist argument is invariably supported with empirical evidence and is generally a far stronger, more logical and scientifically genuine answer.

You started this thread to propose that evolution is guided and you gave an example of a process that you think demonstrates this guidance. You did not explain why you thought this was the case, why your conclusion merited greater credence. Myself and other posters have been trying to get this explanation from you, not as some kind of game, not to try and trick you but simply to try and understand.

Your reason you finally gave was "because the hypothesis is not disproved by the facts". For someone with your scientific background this seems to me to be a fairly indistinct reason and naturally suggests some further questions. You have clearly made a choice but logic behind this is still very open. I could research the topic until the cows come home but it won't explain to me why you have made the choice that it is more probable L/H molecules are the way they are because God is guiding the chemical process. The only person who can do that is you.

If you feel the questions are repetitive or circular then it's only because your replies have been pretty high level and you try to deflect the questions by various diversionary tactics.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Myself and other posters have been trying to get this explanation from you, not as some kind of game, not to try and trick you but simply to try and understand.

Exactly what I have been trying to do..no hidden game, no agenda, not trying to prove anyone wrong or have an argument...I'm simply interested in how a person arrives at that conclusion...sorry if that is boring but nothing else to it.

• KateWild
    KateWild

There is an agenda from both of you. You are both trying to prove I can't explain my position. But I have and neither of you will accept it.

I have been here for over three years and I know the difference between genuine interest and proving a point.

If you sincerely want to converse more about my conclusions then ring me. I will pm you both with my number.

I expect neither of you will as you're both out to try and prove me wrong not show a genuine interest.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    There is an agenda from both of you. You are both trying to prove I can't explain my position.

No there isn't. I am not trying to prove anything.

I have been here for over three years and I know the difference between genuine interest and proving a point.
    I've been here for four. Some have been here for 10 or longer. So what.
    If you sincerely want to converse more about my conclusions then ring me. I will pm you both with my number.
    Thanks for the PM but the appropriate place to converse about this subject is here. If you don't want to go any further here then that's fine, the thread ends and we all move on. Somehow I think that might be best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit