I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    but if you don't think my conclusion is valid, that's okay. It's only my conclusion so far.

Sorry Kate, all I am interested in is how you come to your conclusion...that evolution was guided...

• KateWild
    KateWild
    But for believers in God, well I mean, did God guide this? Did he mean it so that most species go extinct? So that most individuals die before their natural lifespan ends? - LUHE

I don't know what God meant to do or why. He has never told me anything. I don't think he really gives a shit about anyone or anything. It's like when I built a sandcastle, it was fun and educational, but when it was finished I didn't give a thought about it's feelings and whether or not it would be washed away by the sea. I was thoughtless about my creation.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

But why is it your conclusion? There is no need to attribute it to a God as there is a perfectly acceptable reason suggested by natural selection. I agree that in itself is no proof that NS is responsible but it does fit with the rest of science. Many, many, many other lines of scientific evidence show zero need for a God so what is it about the creation of L/H molecules that make you conclude that God is guiding this chemical process?

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Sorry Kate, all I am interested in is how you come to your conclusion...that evolution was guided...- Notsure

It's in my OP and you disagree. Life would be boring if we all agreed.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    It's in my OP and you disagree.

Forget whether I agree or disagree...you conclude that evolution was guided based on just your OP or is there other criteria you feel adds testimony to your opinion?

I'm looking to see how you come to your conclusion...as konceptual99 also asks what is it about this point that makes you arrive at your conclusion when you happily admit others can easily come to a different conclusion...there must be other factors that add up that then make you conclude that evolution was guided.

I am interested in what they are for the simple reason I have yet to find such evidence to make me conclude that evolution was guided and I want to know if there are any.

Honest, genuine questions...I'm not arguing or looking for a war!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Indeed. I am not interested in having an argument about the merits of one conclusion or another.

Kate - your OP uses the example of process that L/H molecules come into existence by. If I understand your OP the fact that this is an auto-catalytic process where the reaction is the catalyst for further reactions leads you to conclude that God is guiding this process.

Given that there is an alternative and reasonable explanation, why is it that you have concluded God is guiding it?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Just to add, right now the argument seems circular....

1. Kate - The auto catalystic nature of L/H molecule creation leads me to conclude it is being guided by God.

2. Others - why?

3. Kate - see 1.

I have an open mind Kate and am happy to be convinced. The question is what can you add to your argument that convinces? I don't have to think differently to you, I could be persuaded to think the same as you but what is the reason that I should? Why should I not accept that the L/H molecule thing is a product of natural selection? What are the weaknesses in that conclusion?

• Simon
    Simon

"why" is simple: you already chose the conclusion and now try to twist the facts and reasoning to reach it to somehow make the concept of god necessary.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    But why is it your conclusion? - K99

Looks like we are going round in circles. It seems you are not really interested in understanding my perspective. I started this thread to explain my conclusions and I have done that.

Given that there is an alternative and reasonable explanation, why is it that you have concluded God is guiding it? - K99

As I have already said to Bhom, in my view it's more probable.

I have an open mind Kate and am happy to be convinced. The question is what can you add to your argument that convinces? - K99

I don't want to convince people that my view is correct. I want to encourage free thinking. Science has the facts and science is impartial. People then are free draw their own conclusions.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I am interested in what they are for the simple reason I have yet to find such evidence to make me conclude that evolution was guided and I want to know if there are any. - Notsure

If you are still searching for an answer then that's good to admit. I am not a good leader although I have a sat nav. My conclusions are personal to me as yours should be to you. Evidence can be subjective sometimes when it's not 100 % conclusive. That's where free thinking comes into play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit