Craziest thing you ever saw in a KH?

by dubstepped 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I no doubt have a number of things in the old memory banks, but one I remember was a young girl always wanted to go to the "bathroom" as many Americans call it, we call it the "Euphemism" here in the U.K. LOL. her father tried to leave it until at least a Song was on the go or something, one day the little kid had had enough of this, so she told him she wanted to go, he said wait, so she just stood up and pissed on the carpet !

He always rushed her straight out as soon as she asked after that !

• belogical
    belogical

I remember in the 60's the district overseer always gave the keynote talk at the district conventions..

in those days the sound radiated from the stage by ginormous Horn speakers and the sound traveled over the heads of the first twenty or so rows usually reserved for the elderly and got them after it bounced off the back wall the reverberations played heavily on the attention span.

Well those twenty or so rows soon ended up in the land of nod and after his talk the DO marched up to the sound department that happened to be at stage right and gave the sound department overseer a piece of his mind.

The sound department overseer promptly replied to him "well lets see if you can do any better" and went to his mighty 1KW sound system and pulled out the mains cord and input cords and promptly wheeled his amplifier out of the venue into his bus and went home.

I also remember when one of the bro,s had his ghetto blaster at a circuit assembly and he had his headphones on during the afternoon session one of his mates leaned over and pulled out his headphone plug and everyone enjoyed the rugby match being broadcasted.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Thinking back, quite a few odd/crazy times. Literally, dozens.

We had quite a few anointed in our congregation (like 6 or 7) from Eastern Europe / Russia when I was growing up. At the time, being one of the anointed put you into a special class, even if you did nothing else in the congregation.

I remember one night, a brother from Poland (?), was giving what I think was talk #5. I think it was about 6 minutes or so until they "range the bell" when you went overtime. If you kept talking too long, they would ring it again.

Anyway, they rang the bell on him 2 or 3 times. He pointed at the brother with the bell, gave him an evil look, and said something like, in broken English, "Do you know what I am going to do what that bell if it makes noise again?"

Everyone was quiet and he went on for another 2 or 3 minutes.

That was one time when instead of giving council immediately after the talk, the School Servant simply said something like "Our school is running a bit late so we will give private council to Brother 'Nutski' afterwards. Now, let's all stand for song number ........... "

If he was working on "Timing" on his speech council slip, maybe he would have received a "W" (Work on This).

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

Wasn't in a Kingdom hall so don't know if it counts. But during a talk in an assembly hall the speaker was listing various sins, can't remember the context and suddenly this "sister" jumped up and literally ran out screaming really loud. Can only assume she had a guilty conscience.

Also at I believe the same assembly but cant guarantee it, as they raised the brother from the baptism pool they whacked his head on a hand rail and knocked him out. It didn't last long he was up and moving again within a few minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit