Craziest thing you ever saw in a KH?

by dubstepped 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I did this in my Facebook group for my podcast and it was fun.

So what's the craziest thing you ever saw?

For me it was watching a brother have a heart attack during the meeting in the auditorium. I was a kid and noticed him shaking and acting strange. The attendants basically dragged/helped him to the back where he was eventually picked up by an ambulance. The meeting went on like nothing at all happened. Apparently this has happened numerous times as others in my group had similar experiences. Normal humans don't react that way. The show must go on in the KH though.

So how about you? Got a crazy, weird, funny, etc. story to share?

• caves
    caves
    Myself looking back at me in the KH bathroom mirror. I be a crazy mutha f'er. lol
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

A father pulling down his son's pants to spank his bare bottom in the back of the Hall, in front of others.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Dubstepped, an old sister keeled over during the school. I was the school overseer and was on stage at the time. I made sure she was being taken care of and 911 had been called. I stopped the meeting until the paramedics had taken her away. Afterwards, the presiding overseer (also, a substitute c.o.) Bill, got in my face and told me I should not have stopped the meeting.

I stared at him and shook my head and said, "Wow, I can't imagine what a bad witness it would have been if those paramedics had seen us heartlessly pretending that nothing had happened. I will do exactly the same thing if it happens again. If you don't like that you can remove me."

He didn't know what to say...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can’t say I’ve seen anything terribly interesting in the KH. But I did hear a story I know is true, because I knew a few people who witnessed it.

There was a married sister with an unbelieving husband who had an affair with a brother in the congregation. The unbelieving husband found out about it but instead of confronting his wife he stormed into the KH during the meeting, walked up to the brother on the platform, slammed his wedding ring on the podium and said, “you have destroyed my marriage, so here you can take my wedding ring as well”.

The sister and the brother were both disfellowshipped after that.

Maybe the most “dramatic” thing I witnessed personally was an elder who tried to pass a resolution in the meeting to spend some congregation money on an item, and somehow he didn’t manage to get the vote passed in favour. That caused a minor crisis in the congregation because it’s pretty unheard of for that to happen, but it was resolved a few weeks later and the resolution was passed unanimously.

• La Capra
    La Capra

There are a lot of incidents I remember from my childhood, funny, shocking, scary, etc. But this one stands out:

Every year the two congregations that used the building would swap meeting schedules. Everyone preferred morning Sunday meetings to afternoon Sunday meetings. Everyone preferred Thursday night TMS and SM to Wednesday night TMS and SM.

When I was in junior high, the other congregation passed a motion to keep the same meeting schedule indefinitely (while they were on Sunday morning/Thursday night), and our congregation was presented with the same motion-while we had Sunday afternoon/Tuesday night.

That elder who was in charge of exacting our concession to the sucky schedule took the first vote-it failed. Took a second vote, it failed. He then put us into a five minute prayer about why we needed to approve the motion. Took a third vote, pretended to count, and announced it passed. It clearly had not.

When I finally left 6 years later, we still had that horrible schedule, except I think we switched to Monday night Book Study and Wednesday night TMS and SM. This was long before they dropped Book Study and slashed the long evening meeting.

I have always wondered why is was so important for 1. the congregations to stop swapping the schedule, and 2. the other congregation HAD to have the preferred meeting times. Who really made that call and why?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEAT BLUE DOG:

Wow, anybody who would do that to their child in public is sick.

It’s too bad that the JW religion instills this kind of cruelty in some people. A parent that does sick shit like this deserves unloving treatment in return.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A mother and daughter kneeling doing the holy cross over their chests, they thought they were in a Catholic church which actually across the street.

A really old guy who smelled really bad from not bathing enough and wore a old suit that was probably never cleaned.

He also had a habit of farting during the meeting .

It got to be known about the guy in the congregation so people were trying to not sit too close to him.

Nice guy though, always had candies for the kids.

• Simon
    Simon

We used to have an old rented hall with a platform that I think was 2-3 feet off the ground (maybe it just seemed that high 'cause I was small).

One mid-week service meeting, there was a segment with multiple people on the small stage being interviewed in turn by one of the elders - oldish guy, pretty humpty-dumpty physique. They'd obviously rehearsed it ... somewhere else. Each time the next person was added to the group, they had to shuffle up, and because they were seated, most just sort of "jumped" the chair they were on along. The elder did the same to his, going backwards.

Looking back, the tension was amazing. You could see the leg of that chair getting closer ... and closer ... to the edge of the platform.

Eventually, he went. I still don't know how, I think he was kind of leaning forward to allow the chair to move better (i.e. reducing the weight on it while pushing it back) and he then sat back into it suddenly. Maybe it was "the angels protecting him" (flashbacks, LOL) but he did a complete backflip and landed upright, on the chair, still holding the front of it, now sat at the side of the platform looking up at everyone.

Seriously, it was one of those moments when everyone should have stood up and applauded (did people clap? I can't remember, I think everyone was just in shock) or people should have held up scoring signs like at the olympics.

He just got back on the platform at it carried on. Pretty lucky now I think about it - he was fairly old and it could have been serious 'cause the floors were solid (just lino covering).

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

We had some homeless dope fiend completely naked washing himself in the bathroom. He left the door open and people were losing their minds.

No one wanted to touch him because he was naked and smelling horrible. Two brothers finally got the gumption to stop and then he delivered a beat down the likes of which I had never seen. He mounted brother Folliero and began punching him while naked.

He jumped up and ran

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit