Craziest thing you ever saw in a KH?

by dubstepped 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

@caves

It really was. I got smacked in the mouth in front of a lot of people for laughing about it. Lol

My kingdom hall was in a New Jersey city close to NY so we always had lunatics and very weird things happening. Along with tons of Bethelites all the time.

Fun fact: The Wayans family went to our hall for a few years... they didn't seem to funny then. Just bad lol

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I best remember the small kids that could not keep quiet being dragged to the toilets in the back. They were always very orderly when returning.

• LauraV
    LauraV

silentbuddha - If the Wayans went to your Cong for then it must've been a Cong in lower Manhattan, a former JW co-worker went to their KH, she grew up in that area.

That mother and daughter that thought they were in the Catholic Church that was across the street, wow, KHs are so plain inside compared to any church, can't understand how they didn't catch on after just 3 seconds after walking inside.

The sister that stood up and started confessing how bad she was and named all the people she slept with, I bet a few brothers were shitting bricks hoping their name wouldn't be on the list.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Too many ! but two stick in my mind:

1. sister gets up and drops head long on the floor. The speaker kept on talking as if nothing happened.

2. there was a mouse on the stage during the meeting. Two or 3 elders were trying to catch it while the speaker continued giving the talk. I swear all I needed was popcorn to make the show complete.

3. the mouse appeared again during the theocratic ministry school. The two sisters were pretending to speak on a corded phone. The mouse was going up the cord. Once again the elders were up on stage trying to catch it.

I kid you not this actually happened. I don't recall they ever caught that pesky thing. But it was entertaining

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

Plus the brother giving his first assembly talk all about the flood. And how the people laughed at Noah until the flood came and drowned the bloody lot of them!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

For me it was watching a brother have a heart attack during the meeting in the auditorium. I was a kid and noticed him shaking and acting strange. The attendants basically dragged/helped him to the back where he was eventually picked up by an ambulance. The meeting went on like nothing at all happened. Apparently this has happened numerous times as others in my group had similar experiences. Normal humans don't react that way. The show must go on in the KH though.

I remember the same thing happening in my KH when I was a kid.

The strangest thing I can remember when I was about 8 years old was an elders wife come into the KH in the middle of the Watchtower study with a black eye and her arm in a cast shouting and raving about her husband beating her up.

She was dragged out by a gang of brothers and there were gasps from those in attendance. After the meeting we were told she's turned apostate and makes up lies about her husband - a dear elder in our hall. It was still talked about for years after.

Turns out he was indeed a wife beater who'd been beating the shit out of her for years and things came to a head when their adult daughter died. She told the elders, who did nothing. My dad witnessed with his own eyes him slap her across the face. He told the elders, they removed my dads "privileges" and counseled him on gossip.

From then on, although my dad always believed the religion, he had no faith in the people in it.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

@LauraV

The hall was in Irvington NJ. It was the Irvington South Ongregation. It was in the mid 80s to the early 90s.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Brother C had his commenting privileges restored after reproof. Question from the platform: What do we gain from regularly studying the scriptures?

Brother C: Regular bible study sharpens our sexual appetite!

No one could contain the outburst.

His answer was more than a freudian slip. Brother C was disfellowshipped twice thereafter, for his sexual appetite.

PC

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

"From then on, although my dad always believed the religion, he had no faith in the people in it." You hear that from many. "Nothing is wrong with the Truth, the problem is how people in it conduct themselves". You will also often hear that from muslims.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

It was on Thursday night service meeting my Dad was giving a part when a drunk stranger walks in. Our congregation was very small so we had about 25 in attendance. Anyway my Dad was really getting into his talk when all of a sudden the stranger shouts out in a loud voice "give them hell Archie". In then gets up and stumbles out. My Dad was flabbergasted. I was laughing my head off. Everyone else just sat in silence. It turns out it was one of my Dad old drinking buddies from the past. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit