Your Favorite Football Team?

by eisenstein 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

**********heavy sigh

Steelers. Another damnable losing season.

I hate them. I love them. I need them.

Ohhh, whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks...

I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler fan since the early 70s. Most of the time I can't stand to watch, its too painful, but I can't leave them alone either... Kinda like my family, I can talk bad about them cuz they're my boys, but you better not! Gawd I must love the torture, huh?

Gretchen

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I know. 6-0 last sunday. I mean, what?

sheesh...

cZAR

• Okram
    Okram

Sorry. Not a football fan in the least.

• skiz
    skiz

It's true that college teams are part of the communities that are served by the local university and rooting for a college team would be alot of fun if they ever become liberated from the evil BCS and the pretend national championships of the bowls

But most comments here are about the PRO game

Most people here seem to be in the same rut as most American football fans

The obligatory rooting for the HOME team

How many of you live in cities that are currently hosting the home games for some nomadiac rich man looking for the biggest public hand out he can find ?

LosAngeles Rams ..... no ..... StLouis Rams

StLouis Cardinals ..... no ..... PhoenixArizona Cardinals

Oakland Raiders ..... no ..... LosAngeles Raiders ..... ooops ..... make that Oakland Raiders again

Houston Oilers ..... no ..... NashvilleTennesee Titans ( at least Bud Adams had the decency to give up the Oilers name )

Baltimore Colts ..... no ..... Indianapolis Colts

Cleveland Browns ..... no ..... moved to Baltimore ( Ravens ) and let Cleveland wait for an expansion

Anybody remember the '99 Nomad Super Bowl of the LosAngeles/StLouis Rams vs the Houston Oilers/Nashville Titans ?

Remember when Georgia Fontiere spoke 'on air' in the stadium celebration to the people of LosAngeles and told them to not be upset but just watch the team on TV ?

Everybody should refer to these different teams according to their REAL identities

Denise DeBartoloYork 49ers Edward McCaskey Bears Mike Brown Bengals Ralph Wilson Bills Pat Bowlen Broncos
    Randolph Lerner Browns Malcolm Glazer Buccaneers Bill Bidwell Cardinals Alex Spanos Chargers Lamar Hunt Chiefs Jim Irsay Colts Jerry Jones Cowboys Wayne Huizenga Dolphins Jeff Lurie Eagles Arthur Blank Falcons Wellington Mara Giants Wayne Weaver Jaguars Robert Johnson Jets William Ford Lions GreenBay Packers Jerry Richardson Panthers
    Robert Kraft Patriots Al Davis Raiders
    Georgia Frontiere Rams
    Art Modell Ravens Dan Snyder Redskins Tom Benson Saints Paul Allen Seahawks Dan Rooney Steelers Bob McNair Texans Bud Adams Titans Red McCombs Vikings

It's alot harder to root for a team when you find out its just another business, like Joe Shoes Auto Repair EXCEPT .....

I did see ONE city name on the list

GO PACK !!!!!

David
  • skiz
    skiz

The name of the high school football team in my city is the Brunswick Blue Devils

I really want to get one of their bright blue jackets with the big

BLUE DEVILS

lettering on the front, back, and sides and wear it around town where all of the BOrg drones can see me walking around and gasp while they hold their hands to their mouths

HeHeHe

David

• City Fan
    City Fan

Skiz

That's a bit strange. I would have thought a team like the L.A.Rams would be supported by people from L.A. so if the team then moves to St. Louis and plays it's games in St. Louis I would have thought no-one would watch them.

It would be like Chelsea (of London) moving to Manchester and calling themselves Manchester City. Actually, that's not a bad idea!

CF.

• crownboy
    crownboy

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

If only they could have shown that kind of defensive intensity all season as they showed on Sunday .

Oh well, at least I'm not a Giants fan . Plus we can still ruin things for the Patroits and Dolphins, which still could make my season enjoyable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit