Is there “new light” on 1914?

by wallsofjericho 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

607 for Beginners

OK This is just all smoke and mirrors for all of these facts can just as easily be construed to fit 607 BCE. Where is a single line of evidence?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

I make this comment "If we consider the calendar as we understand it today, the argument that a year could start in May, 43 days after the equinox seems unreasonable. Once you understand that it has been retro-fitted in an attempt to tie multiple dating systems together, and that the 2nd May is more like the 25th April in todays terms, it sounds more reasonable".
    Ancient and modern calendrical systems are problematic especially more so when it comes to the purpose of Chronology for there are too many assumptions that must be made so there is no room for dogmatism.

😂😂🤣😂😂🤣😂😂

The fact that you don’t understand the dating systems isn’t my problem.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Looks like there were several times Babylon invaded Israel from 607-586 B.C. With each rebellion against Babylonian rule, Nebuchadnezzar would come and haul off more captives.

Here's is a good discussion on what happened:

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Where is a single line of evidence?

Already provided many times before, but even if I hadn’t, your blustering is a fallacious argument from ignorance. And the Bible still never even mentions 70 years of exile. 🤣

Just go away.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Bald faced lies! WWI started in July 1914, with some significant declarations in August. No historians say it started in October, and there is no basis for imaginary claims about Satan being ‘thrown out of heaven’ (an interpretation made up by Rutherford several years after Russell’s death, replacing Russell’s belief that the ‘dragon’ represented pagan rulers defeated by papal Rome).

--

The said scholar did not say that WW1 started in October for the Great War was by then already active but as the kingdom was established in October 1914 with the ousting of Satan then there was an unparalleled coincidence of events for both the heavenly and earthly scenes all in sync with the prophecy by John, the Apostle.

Of course, this is an interpretation using eisegesis but this is its beauty nicely by the purpose of this unique revelation to the true Church in modern times.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

’scholar’:

the kingdom was established in October 1914 with the ousting of Satan then there was an unparalleled coincidence of events

‘invisible thing that we have no way of demonstrating was totally for reals because coincidence at wrong time of year’. (And let’s keep pretending WWI broke out of nowhere rather than being a fairly predictable continuation of the Balkan wars.)

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

The fact that you don’t understand the dating systems isn’t my problem.

--

Says a person who is not an expert in such matters and I freely admit that I am not an expert in calendars both ancient or modern and neither are you.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Already provided many times before, but even if I hadn’t, your blustering is a fallacious argument from ignorance. And the Bible still never even mentions 70 years of exile.

---

You are like the virgin on her wedding night who fails to deliver!

You have not and cannot provide one, single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE relying on insults, tantrums and false reasoning.

The Bible most emphatically describes the Jewish/Babylonian Exile of 70 years which all WT critics have ignored proving their intellectual dishonesty. For example, COJ does not discuss the subject at all and one would be hard placed to find even the word 'exile' in his writings.

Please stay as scholar wants to play!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Poor ‘scholar’. His only defence against the solstice problem is pleading ignorance and more ad hominem. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

‘invisible thing that we have no way of demonstrating was totally for reals because coincidence at wrong time of year’. (And let’s keep pretending WWI broke out of nowhere rather than being a fairly predictable continuation of the Balkan wars.)

---

Hence the invisible has now become manifest as the visible by means of three things namely the Great War, the observed fulfilment of the 'Sign' and the birth of God's organization or 'new nation'.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit