Is there “new light” on 1914?

by wallsofjericho 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

If they are going to dump the 1914 teaching they can say it is a 'teaching of demons' left over from Babylon the Great. After all, Nelson Barbour was the one who first proclaimed this teaching in print about a year before the Watchtower magazine began to be published. The Governing Body can do the same thing with this teaching that Judge Rutherford did with the pyramid teachings... discredit it in a strident manner and 'poof', all gone!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If you have these books. Hang in to them.

Proclaimers book 1993.

Live Forever on Earth 1982/1989

Reasoning From the Scriptures 1985.

Bound volumes from before 1995,, or any year before the information 'age'.

Revelation Climax book 1988.

Those off the top of my head stand out. Im sure there are a boat load more.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I have no idea if what was said at 2 Spanish Conventions was testing the waters for a change in doctrine or just a major screw up, but the word salad of that teaching is filled with every vegetable known to man. It is such a gobbledygoop mess that it can become anything they want it to be - a virtual chameleon.

If something was amiss, it does not surprise me that a Warwick elder was used. If the results were bad, he could be retained whereas a local nobody elder would lose privileges for “misrepresenting the outline” and likely be DF’d for apostasy.

If you can believe the OP from Reddit, it went over like fart in church.

The obvious question comes to mind: How could WTC be so corrupted and still have the trust of so many?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

So nothing official yet regarding 1914

i suspect a real change to come yet, beards were just house cleaning. But not reporting time is setting the stage for something more

I suspect a shift in how preaching happens

i also suspect a further distancing of 1914 from the realm of any real significance to jw doctrine

• Elena
    Elena

This a groundbreaking video, can someone confirm if the Spanish is correctly translated?

A new understanding from recent years? Huh???? If that was true many people would have been all over it? This is the first time it has come out? How can he say from recent years when any JDub who has not head this talk still prays about our reigning king Jesus! Now this brother is saying we don’t think Jesus is king yet and we have had this new light for years?

Do they still think the archangel Michael is actually Jesus and he battled with Satan and the demons in 1914, we always said he threw them to earth in 1914 and that’s why WW1 started? But this new talk craps on all that, did he go rouge but if so why didn’t they turn off his mic and get him off the stage?

The theory someone said is “I think this is a test run by the Governing Body to see how a small group reacts. If they don’t react, they will announce it at the next Annual Meeting.

That will eliminate the LAST DAYS DOCTRINE and THE OVERLAPPING GENERATION DOCTRINE

If the rank and file react badly, they can easily say the Spanish brother voiced his personal opinion and remove him as elder.”

• Elena
    Elena

I think they are testing the waters, they said the old light was we used to think that happened in1914.

what are they talking about happened in 1914?

they have left it obscured with two possibilities and depending on how rank and file react they can adjust accordingly.

possibility 1. Jesus still did become king in 1914 but won’t actually sit in the thrown yet until a future date. This option is them getting scared about too big a change and backtracking

possibility 2. They are actually changing doctrine that Jesus did not get enthroned as king in 1914 and this will happen in the future. So everyone better stop saying in our prayers “in the name of our reigning king Jesus”

there has never been so much confusion about something so foundational.

can someone confirm this is the same 2024 regional convention that’s has started in January? I thought it was much later in the year?

• fezzik
    fezzik

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. The speaker is simply referring to the change back in w95 10/15 pg 18. They used to teach Jesus sat on his throne to judge the sheep and the goats in 1914. In '95 they changed it to the end of the great tribulation. Remember, in JW mythology, Jesus sits as king in 1914 and then as judge during the GT.

That's all this clip is about. The GB has never and never will have "focus groups" or "test runs" of doctrinal changes. They couldn't care less how the rank and file feel.

• Elena
    Elena

Fezzik “Jesus sits as king in 1914” yes that is the current understanding but this just released talk now says “Brothers we used to believe Jesus sits as king on his throne since 1914 but our new understanding is that will now happen in the near future “

So after this talk does JW doctrine teach Jesus sat on his thrown as king in 1915 or not?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Saying Jesus 'sits on his throne' at some future time is (intentionally) vague language. It isn't necessarily synonymous with 'being made king', and they can play games with Jesus 'sitting' and 'standing' at various times. But even if they completely move Jesus' supposed 'enthronement' away from 1914, that year is still crucial for their erroneous 'end of the 7 times', the 'start of Jesus' 'presence'', the 'start of the last days', and their claim of being 'selected in 1919'. So while it might sound significant, it's a bit of a non-event really. And their end-times doctrines still remain inconsistent with the supposed order of events laid out in the Bible anyway.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

It’s a soft new light that Jesus never sat on his throne in 1914 but at the moment the vague notion that he was still enthroned in 1914 is still there but according to JW land he has taken 110 years to actually sit down, basically he was enthroned standing up.

his bum hasn’t touch the seat yet but he was enthroned 110 years ago before his bum touched the seat part of the thrown.

it must hurt his knees 110 years since he was enthroned but he hasn’t quite taken the weight of his legs yet even though his bum is very close to sitting on the throne.

yes this is what JWs are saying.

So many JW brothers have got into the habit of closing prayers with “through the name of our enthroned king Jesus Christ” so can they still say that after this talk or should it be changed to “through the name of our soon to be enthroned king Jesus Christ”

which one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit