Is there “new light” on 1914?

by wallsofjericho 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I’m hearing paraphrasing like “we just don’t know”

is this regarding 1914? Or Micheal the arch angel?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Be interesting to see with regard to that assembly part. Are they testing the water to see the reaction be, or did the speaker go rogue on them. This could be big.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It'll soon be the goto phrase for everything.

That which cannot be sustained, won't.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

They haven’t mentioned 1914 doctrinal changes but sometimes recently they have actually said about 1914 instead of just saying 1914.

When you think about the changes about who will be killed at Armageddon they said we just don’t know, so they are admitting they never knew.

If they even admitted they never knew about 1914 and it was just copying William Miller then it would be too much for average Jdub to take.

They can’t admit this, but then again at some point they will have to. There is no way out, they have painted themselves into a corner

• Gorb
    Gorb

It's a frase for the whole jw.org doctrine.

G

• Person
    Person

The guy who posted that sensational news about new lite regarding Jesus ruling not yet is in my opinion a troll looking for attention.

Take a look on his post shortly after annual meeting:.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1734baj/they_just_had_a_huge_meeting/

And this is his recent post about 1914 new light:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/195tv93/in_just_two_hours/

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The last days started in 1914.

But

Pehaps Christ's enthronement did not.

https://youtu.be/naqrrit4a6U?si=GshIqhksswCAHsgd

So in that case 607 is redundant

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

It is something that will have to be changed again at some point. 2024 seems like a good year to do it, a nice round 110 years since 1914.

This is an announcement that could go along with a softening of the shunning policy, as a lot of dubs will probably struggle with this.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

For a long time , the gb has been prepping/grooming the rank and file that there will be changes coming that we may not agree on. I believe that this will be the next big change. It's in the works but they haven't rolled it out completely but its coming.

Prior to the JW affiliation with the UN, many of us would never have believed it. Well, it was true.

I never thought I would see the day they would accept beards and remove the reporting and yet here we are.

The 1914 doctrine is not sustainable , 607 is a made up year , it has to be eliminated.

This is an evil, pragmatic organization that is looking out for its own existence and they will stop at nothing. They will trample their own doctrines to survive.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

....scrapping 1914 in order to reinvent itself.

607BCE doctrine has been Proven to be a 'dud'.

1914 HAS to be scrubbed. For the borg to survive.

Yes,,the rank and file may "hear" things they dont want to hear, dont agree with or aren't just ready to agree with

Henceforth,,the drummed-up blind unquestioning "obedience".

As long ad they believe its 'God' talking,,they just go along with it.

Its plain stupidity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit