coming to terms with the fact that jw families really suck!!!!

by freelife 20 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME, FREELIFE!

Glad you found the courage to share your story. It really is good therapy and your healing has started. When I first left the Borg I was advised by the likes of Little Toe to chill out for six months. That was sound advice and I give it to you now. Setting such time to just take stock of your situation and to realise that you can have a great life outside of Watchtower ? even though the pain of separation from your family could take a while to dissipate ? will be time well spent indeed.

This board has literally saved lives. It has helped countless thousands who have visited ? many still stay around, myself included, to help others. This is where you can prove invaluable. You?re young, yes, but other young ones will identify with you more easily than, say, with me (I?m almost 50).

Great to have you here. Relax, unwind, sit back and read. You?ve got a wonderful lifetime ahead of you.

Best wishes,

Ian

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the board FreeLife !

Thanks for sharing your story, there are some fantastic people here and many can relate to your experiences. I'm sure you will find a lot of support here.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FreeLife:It's great to see you here, and hoipefully it will go a great deal towards your healing.

As a word of advice, try to let go of the hurt and anger - it may take quite some time, but will benefit you in the long run.
    Acknowledgeing that your family are still absorbed in a destructive cult, may help. It really isn't totally their fault (some, for sure, but not totally).
    One day they may turn around and realise that they didn't act right, even if they never admit or apologise for it.
    I'm not going to post personal anecdotal evidence for that being wise, as most of my family are still in.

Most of all, concentrate on the beauty that you've found in life, and expand on that. Endeavor to make sure that none of the crap that you've suffered afffects your newfound relationship.
    Take the time to grow, as an individual and a couple.

Beyond that, take the opportunity to vent here, once in a while (just don't go hurting the natives ).

Oh, and enjoy a Merry Xmas, and hopefully a very happy New Year

• Valis
    Valis

I agree w/the writing a letter to your parents. It may be the last time you need to speak to them for a good while. Lay it all out for them, but in the end tell them you love them and want them to be a part of your life/attend your wedding. This way the ball is in their court and not yours. IMO, you can only do yourself good by getting it out and telling them the whatfor. It won't hurt them to read your words and maybe understand you better. Welcome to the forum and know yer in good company. Well, as good as we can be at any given time anyway..*LOL*

edited to add...YES THEY DO SUCK!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, Freelife. They do suck and the problem is that they have no clue that they do. They think you are doing all the sucking.

Welcome to the board by the way. Heck, you leave behind all those on the sinking JW ship, but you find all of us sisters and brothers rowing to shore. We'll help you into the life boat. We'll help you to shore. And we'll still be your brothers and sisters. We have unconditional love for you. We don't care if you are a deliberate "sinner". We are all deliberate "sinners", too.

Heather

• future Mrs.Kansas
    future Mrs.Kansas
    "Ready or not here he comes"

Hello,I was also raised in the so called "truth",I can tell you for a fact it is an accult! they threaten you with your life,telling you you're going to die if you're not serving Jehovah.Another thing is they confuse you,because they themselves are confused.Thats why if you were able to speak to a witness and actually do some bible searching before you do that,ask them a few questions.usually they say we'll have to get back with you on that.because they need to get the anwser from someone else,on a subject they should have known on their own.I am a christian,and proud of it.I love my heavenly father and I am so proud to say I have no fear of what man says anymore.It feels good to trully know my heavenly father.yes,I too have lost alot of family members but the bible says that will happen.I just hope you will trully search and pray and ask God to heal you and help you to forgive,thats very important.I know I had a very hard heart for a very long time.

I know you said that you have a new girlfriend maybe she too can have a relationship with our heavenly father.I hope I'm not taliking too much on religion sorry if i am.It took me a long time to get this way.I remember at 18 saying I never want religion.and through my life going back and forth like a yoyo,because of the fear and brainwashing the witnesses instill in our minds from childhood,if their lucky.It took meeting my husband,who went through hell with all of the questions i had and the back firing scriptures,you know how it is..God used my husband to let me know he does love me and he is the truth the way the life.Please dont give up.

I have 5 children and a loving husband,who also loves God as much as I do.We would never do to our children what my mother has done to me.I say mother because my dad is in and out,he's wishy washy,most of them are.Its convenience.My mother gives my brothers and sisters who are still at home birthday gifts but not on their birthdays.as if that makes a difference.

I could go on forever so I'll stop here.I just wanted to say you do have a heavenly father who loves you regardless of what anyone says.Well i'll keep you in my prayers.God Bless,I believe you'll be able to retrieve my e-mail.If you would like my husband could send you some things.I'll hush now.Take care,SMILE!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Mrs. Kansas... along with FreeLife - WELCOME to the board.

• bebu
    bebu

Welome freelife, and Future Mrs. Kansas!!

Glad to read the first posts of many more from you both, hopefully!!

bebu

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Welcome Freelife!

I am so glad you've "outed" yourself for your sake. The Witnesses are so ridiculous in that they make the dubs believe that the "wrongdoer" is "selfish" because they prefer living life on their terms over being a drone. I used to think that when I was a dub. But you have so much support here. You know, one of the other posters mentioned suicide and in the short time I've been here I have personally met three people whose loved ones committed suicide as a direct result of the JWs. Live your life, love your wonderful woman, and know that there are a lot of people here who are very happy you are free.

Hugs,

Kitties

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

that seems to be the case when the Borg is no 1, before family and friends sadly enough.
    O H - A N D - W E L CO M E - T O - T H E - B O A R D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit