Favorite Quotations

by Lady Lee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either. Golda Meir

• little1
    little1

"Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool than to open it and erase all doubt." don't know the author of that one. "Don't jump off the roof if you aren't prepared to hit the ground." "If everyone else jumped off the roof would you?" - every mother everywhere

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Lee, as always, an interesting and provocative thread.

Here are two of my favourite 'quotations', one I know the family name, the second one, I do not know for certain:

"If you've always done what you've done: you'll always get what you've gotten" (J. Potter).

"If you resist: it shall persist" - not entirely sure who wrote this one.

Both have made a world of difference, and I still repeat and share them, until this day.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."
    -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror."
    - Ken Keyes

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr

• mouthy
    mouthy

Silence of the mouth
    Can halt an angry word

After what you said about me on chat.....You want to read this again LEE!!!!!!!!! ((((((lol

• mouthy
    mouthy

My favorite quotes are

Money is a good servant -but a poor Master...

& also contrary to Beans quote."If you cant say something nice -dont say nothing at all( he read it wrong.

Also If at first you dont succed Quit & try something differant.
    Also Churchills comment -When he was in the house of commons with his fly open- Someone brought it to his attention he said "Dead birds dont fly"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG Grace I just about fell off my chair when I saw your ifrst post there. Scared the heck out of the poor cat.

Grace I wasn't angry (just so other folks won't think I was) In fact I was agreeing with you. You were a strong lady then and you still are.

and what??

"Dead birds dont fly"

That is so funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit