Favorite Quotations

by Lady Lee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    ''muabaaaaahaabbwabbaabbaa" -- Helen Keller

LMAO @ IronGlad!!!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

"They send their children to school; and there is, on the whole, nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school. To begin with, it is a prison. But it is in some respects more cruel than a prison. In a prison, for instance, you are not forced to read books written by the warders and the governor (who of course would not be warders and governors if they could write readable books), and beaten or otherwise tormented if you cannot remember their utterly unmemorable contents."

---George Bernard Shaw

Mr. Shaw expressed my exact sentiments about college.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

"To die would be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan

"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees." Nietzsche

"No! Not my buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!" The Gingerbread Man, Shrek

"Your mother ate my dog!" Paquita Maria Sanchez, Dead Alive

CZAR

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"I should like to see, and this will be the last and most ardent of my desires, I should like to see the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest." -- Jean Messelier, 1733

• tink
    tink
    "To die would be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan

i thought Captain Hook said that...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wandering in a vast forest at night, I have only a faint light to guide me. A stranger appears and says to me: "My friend, you should blow out your candle in order to find your way more clearly." This stranger is a theologian. -- Denis Diderot

It is raining bombs on the house of the Lord. I go in fear and trembling lest one of these terrible bombers gets into difficulties. -- Denis Diderot

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I don't think there is a woman in the world who would not be a little flattered if one made love to her. It is that which makes women so irresistibly adorable.

Life is never fair...And perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.

Young men want to be faithful and are not; old men want to be faithless and cannot.

The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

---Oscar Wilde

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The only thing you have to do to be on the side of an abuser is to remain silent.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I have seen the village, and I don't want it raising my children. <---unknown

Imagination is better than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.Imagination encircles the world. (It is up for debate. Either Thomas Edison or Albert Einstein.)

I will never let schooling get in the way of my education. -Mark Twain

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." - Mark Twain

• little witch
    little witch

Mom

You have taken the cake!

I like and agree with them all!

Lee,

I also like your last one, did you author that? Very profound!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit