Favorite Quotations

by Lady Lee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

The world is filled with adolescent minds, flitting about with their petty squabbles. And oft'times I find myself in amongst their company, and fitting in quite well, much to my chagrin!

What a complicated world women live in, constrained to placate the appease the fragile egos of men!

Of all Gods gifts to man, the feminine form is His most elegant work of art!

Most often we are the authors of our own tribulation. Valsavage

• copsec
    copsec

There are two things that are infinate; the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not too sure about the universe......................(Albert Einstein)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lw The concept comes from many sources. Although I didn't come up with the concept I guess I came up with the line but then it could be something I read too

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"People only see what they are prepared to see." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are some great quotes here peeps

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"When all men think alike, no one thinks very much." - Walter Lippman

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Thank you Little Witch, you made me blush...

• little witch
    little witch

Lee,

It brings something to mind from WW2.

Something about for good men to be silent.... Somebody help me out, or I will be up all night!

Very good quotes. Here is my very own:

"I may go down, but I will go down swinging"!

• flower
    flower

"i'd rather have questions i cannot answer than answers that i cannot question."

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

T errible things happen in any nation where good men fall silent on critical issues facing the nation.

or

Evils that befall the world are not nearly so often caused by bad men, as they are by good men who are silent when opinions must be voiced.

or

Evil thrives because ''good men do nothing'' when faced with the need to stand up and be counted as a force for good.

Any of these close?

edited because I forgot one.

• little witch
    little witch

this will be incorrect, but close.

The only thing needed for evil men to prevail is for good men to remain silent.

Something like that, in reference to the holocaust I think...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit