Infidelity amongst JWs

by YellowLab 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

I could relate experiences that would make a sailor blush. Neither myself or mrs hoser involved but friends of ours in the “truth”

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

go for it--see if i blush!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "I could relate experiences that would make a sailor blush."

Unsurprising.

That much pent-up ideological denial and sexual repression?

'Course it's gonna take the roof off when it finally blows.

Vidiot

• just fine
    just fine

I knew two couples that swapped spouses on a semi regular basis - all four were reproved. Now all are divorced.

Then a hall I went to was short on elders so elders were sent to help. Oh boy! Elder 1 was removed within 6 months for cheating, they stayed together.

Elder 2 was then sent and within 6 months his wife left him for a worldly guy she met in field service.

Elder 3 was then moved in. His wife got a little too close to one of the young pioneer brothers - bullied a sister that liked said young pioneer - until that sister was effectively shunned from all social activities. Then the married sister slept with young pioneer brother.

In my “worldly” circle of friends for the past 20 years I have never seen anything even remotely like that.

• shadow
    shadow

yup, islam just has honor killings

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

During the late 1960's and 1970's there was a lot of fornication and adultery going on, not in just my Hall but the closest one as well.

As a guess this might have been because of the sexaul revolution era and the high number of young baby boomers at the time.

Today you might expect less of that because the age demographic in most JW Kingdom Halls which are made up of more older people.

As an example the PO in my Hall was a married guy with 3 kids, he traveled out town to do some business and while he was away from the family he was boinking young girls who he met at other JWS congregations.

He was eventuality caught and got DFed, this brought so much anguish to his family they moved away, really felt sorry for rest of the family.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should also be kept in mind that JWS kingdom halls as well conventions are places of meeting and socializing where people of the opposite sex are evaluating and perhaps seeking out partners........not surprising

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Anytime you have children marrying each other just to have sex you are going to see mass infidelities after 10 years because of sheer curiosity. Welcome to growing up JW. Looking around seeing every other dysfunctional family or marriage 5 times a week is no positive reinforcement either.

End of story.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Girl next door - top comment.

RB

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just to add upon TGND's comment , you generally see a lot of divorces as well because of the pressure to marry before sex, which makes JWS divorces on par with the general population in the under 25 age group.

In comparison you might see less fornication and adultery in other relgoius groups like the Amish or Mennonite

.......just saying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit