Infidelity amongst JWs

by YellowLab 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My wife was unfaithful to me so this is a sore point I am afraid

• undercover
    undercover
    Contrary to the other posts, I would have to argue that there is probably less infidelity amongst JWs. Due to their strict DFing policy, many are too afraid to cheat on their mates.

Contrary to that is the fact that the no sex before marriage rule is so strong, many JWs marry before they are ready, to people who they really aren't compatible with. A few short years later, after the bloom of youth, they realize they made a mistake and look for a way out. In the organization, infidelity is the only way out. They can only divorce if one or the other is unfaithful.

• tink
    tink

you took the words right out of my mouth, undercover well said

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I know of several incidents. I would be here for the next 5 hours writing out all the details. In most of the incidents the parties stayed married.

• AJN
    AJN

When I was a JW one of the Elders 'fell in love' with me. I did nothing to encourage him (he was 60+ and I was 22 lol). In the end his wife complained to the other Elders that he was spending too much time digging my bloody garden (lol) and he had to admit to having 'feelings' for me (gag) and was asked to step down, which he did.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I think people who cheat will try to cheat. I don't think the WTS has any influence on them, much as they claim otherwise. The Duds play a good game. The ones that really believe get hammered when they sin and the ones who know it's all crap know how the weasle out of punishment. Most of the young MS's and Elders at my old Hall have had sex with each others wives before they all got married and a few after they got married. One Elders son got caught three times, his own wife divorced him after the third time, ( with his best friends wife, she is an Elders daughter and the friend was a fellow MS).No one got DF'd. He got reproved, then went and married a worldly girl he met in Europe. He brought her back. Two years later...he's an MS! It's all BS. Maverick

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    I have noticed that in some areas there is more infidelity and marriages breaking up than others. The more conservative area you live in, the less you see immorality in the congregations.

Nonsense. We conservatives just know to be polite about it.

Everyone cheats - but you should be polite enough to hide it, and loyal enough not to fall in love with the sidenote, and conservative enough to NEVER leave your family.

In fact, calling it "cheating" is being judgemental about an arrangement that has worked well to satisfy sexual needs while preserving the integrity of the family for thousands of years.

Who, but a fool, would break up a comfortable, safe, happy family life over a sporadic or one-time sexual liason? Only someone with a sense of personal insecurity and a satanic possession complex. But I notice that women who receive monogamous attention are often amused by the devotion they receive. ("my man is under my thumb") I refuse to play women's game.

Monogamy needlessly empowers women to something they simply have never been entitled to - evolutionarily or morally.

CZAR

• Maverick
    Maverick

Czar I'd start ducking if I were you!!!! Believe what you want but in time you'll learn to keep it to yourself. After I read your post my first thought was..."He has to be a young man!" I'll visit you in the hospital brother! Maverick

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I've been hit on by a married MS and a married elder. So you know they were all about cheating. But in all honesty I doubt their cheating stats are no different that anyone else.

I agree. You just hear about the JWs doing it more because of disfelloshipping and because it's more controversial and interesting because it's an even bigger no-no for them...supposedly.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    My wife was unfaithful to me so this is a sore point I am afraid

I know how you feel stillajwexelder. My first husband cheated on me and he was an elder's son.

Better yet, he brought her (and her husband) to our home and had me play hostess to them she could get a chance to get acquanted with our children...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit