Infidelity amongst JWs

by YellowLab 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"and he was an elder's son"

So what? Do you expect that people are 100 % pure and clean just because they happen to be children of elders? Is there an apostolic succession? Is it hereditary? My son is a drug addict - AND he is an elder's (my, that is) son.

"and he was an elder's son" - stupid sentence, and stupid line of thought!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Interesting point, Old Hippie. However, I think it gets lost by the presentation. To say your comment was a bit harsh is an understatement.

That said, that line of thought ("and he was an elder's son") was very prevalent in my congregation. The elders' families were always held up as examples to the rest of the congregation. They were presented to the congregation as "this is how you should live your life." They were the pioneers. They were the ones that were always filling in last minute for the TMS. They were the ones giving demonstratons during the service meeting. And, if the elder kissed the butt of the CO enough every visit, they were the ones giving demonstrations or experiences at assemblies and conventions. I'm sure my congregation was not the only one this happened in. So when I read, "and he was an elder's son" it just meant that yup, it happens even to "the best" *gag* of them.

• midwest
    midwest

i'm not aware of any infidelity in my area but, in a same kh of less than 100 i know of in the last 2 years of 2 destroyed families , 2 more divorces , 1 suicide , and my own family separated at i least count 54 people lives ruined most are children and this is only contact started with 1 person the same in all cases ,

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Monogamy needlessly empowers women to something they simply have never been entitled to - evolutionarily or morally.

Wow, I'm sure glad not all men feel this way. And I have this to say: if I had a guy with this attitude, which I wouldn't, but if: I'd say," Sure honey, you go right ahead and have your little girlfriends. Just make sure you don't bring them over the night I have my boyfriends over."

This power struggle between the sexes is completely unecessary and causes undo misery for both sexes. I thank who ever it is in power up there, the person that made men and women with such delightful differences, for those gender differences. And I thank him/her for setting me free from JWs. Now I don't have to live under the antiquated ideas JWs or other patriarchal religions & societies have invented to control women and keep them down.

I thank him/her for the wonderful relationship I have now with a man intelligent enough not to fall for all this "man/woman must have a power struggle" crap. I now know men and women can and do communicate. They can be very good friends. They don't have to get into the petty: men have power to women's detriment/women have power to men's detriment debate. Men and women can be happy and they can be monogomous and they can do it together if they want to.

I hope, Czar that you don't think women should be held to different standards than men should. If you want to sow your seed with multiple partners, I hope you allow your mate the same freedom if she so desires. Otherwise you have a lot of pain ahead of you and poor woman, so does she.

Heather

• Sassy
    Sassy
    "and he was an elder's son" - stupid sentence, and stupid line of thought!

I will have to pay attention to all your remarks so I have an example of intelligent worth reading posts, TheOldHippie..

Interesting point, Old Hippie. However, I think it gets lost by the presentation. To say your comment was a bit harsh is an understatement.

Thank you CountryGuy

I personally only posted about my experience because stillajwexelder had mentioned how this was a painful subject and I knew how he felt.. so I brought up my hurt. the only reason why I pointed out he was an elders son was because the topic is on infidelity of JWs and a son of an elder should have been raised with "a moral direction" since they are "SUPPOSED" to be setting a good example. Other wise they lose their positions in the congregation if they do not take the lead in taking care of and training their family properly.

So what? Do you expect that people are 100 % pure and clean just because they happen to be children of elders?
    I don't think anyone is pure including myself
  • wednesday
    wednesday

Well, i have been among jws for 50 yrs, and i have seen a lot of immoral behavior. I believe that not letting people express sexual behavior in common ways contributes to this. I have often thought the catholic church actually causes priets to turn to children b/c they become so wraped due to restictions on sexual behavior. Talking about sex form the platform so much, u would think that is the only thing on their mind ,jws that is. Telling people to not do something is a sure way to see them do it. Most of us with children know that. There are other reasons to not commit adultry than "it is wrong". There are resons not to lie, steal cheat, etc. if the WTS and other religions started teaching the reasons and not that we will "die at the big A", or for baptists, "burn in hell", people would not be so inclined to do them.

So the short answer is "yes" there is more immorality among jws than averge, and DF'ng does not stop it.

• Joker10
    Joker10

I don't think so. Many 'worldly' people give a rat's ass and do it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sns I am sorry for your hurt and pain

• morty
    morty

oldhippie,

I sense a bit of pain in your commet...You know, I feel that sns DID reoccur her pain to share with everyone to make her point and I think that you, just stomped on her all over again....I am every so sorry if you are feeling any kind of pain right now that this disturbing cult may have caused you, but I feel your comment to her was totally uncalled for....Lets keep it in prespective,and take into account peoples feelings...We are all entiled to our opinions, but lets remember we are all human,and maybe to some, this is just a place to vent,but some others that are sharing, are real human beings and not just a monitor with wires that can be taped or rewired..Just my 2 cents....

and about the infidelity that happens in borgs, well in my opinon, it happens alot more then they care to admit....

Morty

• little witch
    little witch

See if this makes sense.

Jw's are raised to believe that you marry and love only other Jw's.

So if I am a member, and My spouse and I denounce all but the most mediocre of sex, then I will quickly want what is natural and not wanting to offend my spouse (because now I feel perverted and guilty) I will have to replace spouse with someone else.

But not just any partner will do, I must find someone who relates to my dilemma. And who is that? Nobody else but another witness who feels the same loss...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit