Weird Things Only Jehovah's Witnesses Do

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Going along with Rem's comment, what about BRAGGING that employers love JW's because they know they can get them to work every holiday! Only JW's will go to a convention and stay on the highway and go UNDER the speed limit. JWs are the only people that have more dress clothes, suits and ties and dresses than any one else. I wore a tie for the first time in 4 months when I took my family out for a celebration last month. I realized how strange that I nearly wore a tie and dress shirt every day of my life....Very liberating now!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

As some of you may know or not Im a supervisor with NYC transit and JW's have been the WORST employees I've had. I've had some who wore shappy uniform pants with holes in the ass, some who make late reliefs, who dont come to work, etc. Then once a year they submit a letter from the local elders requesting days off for the assembly. I say screw you and use your freakin vacation time!

• minimus
    minimus

What are "shappy uniform pants with holes in the ass"?

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Literally what it sounds like. I had a JW bus operator who wore a pair of uniform pants that had a hole on his rear end. It wasn't big but you could see his draws. Another one, who I grew up with and served in Bethel with as well is known by worldly bus operators as one who is very cheap, has worn a winter jacket to death.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

' Couldn't use words like "lucky" instead use "fortunate". ' I once heard someone refer to a certain cereal manufactured by General Mills as "Fortunate Charms". No doubt, the slender character wearing the green derby on the box was just an agile dancer, and had no particular magical abilities.

• minimus
    minimus

I liked that 1 Bible version used the word "lucky" in a positive way.But, of course, what should you expect from Christendom's bibles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit