Weird Things Only Jehovah's Witnesses Do

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I remember every congregation that I went to, there was always the scifi fans. Couldn't wait to be "perfect" and live forever so they could build starships and travel throughout the universe exploring. The reasoning behind this was the jehovah made this big ol' universe for our enjoyment. And since we will live forever we can have endless time to explore it.

Heatmiser

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I remember that! They always said since were going to be perfect we will have all the time in the world to explore the universe! Then we might find some chest busting aliens and they will eat everyone on the earth!

My pet peeve was the control over our language. Couldn't use words like "lucky" instead use "fortunate". Or in Bethel we couldn't use the word "guys" to a group if a woman was in the group. For instance "how are you guys doing!?". Other words frowned upon in Bethel were "brown-noser","pissed-off", and "dork". I even new a brother who would freak out if you used the word "booger". I hate the control over language. Never mind all the other control over our behaivor, Ive become just a plain rebel.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    they can find a pagan background for ANYthing!!

That reminds me of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding where the father can relate anything to it's 'obviously' Greek origins. In the movie it was a comedic point, in real life the dubs are all suitably impressed.

• DIM
    DIM

I think this post could just as easily have been called "the weird things that only XJW's do"...like complain about "the borg" (sort of sounds like its own cult term) complain about "the dubs" dissect the watchtower

• simplesally
    simplesally

Turnpike Mike ---------- where'd you get that picture of me? I thought those internet pics of me were taken down a long time ago?????

The nerve.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I remember when the society said that "drugs were an approach to the demons". You'd be hard pressed to find any JW who isn't on tranquillers and/or anti-depressants. Why because the Org. drove you to that by all the stupid things they expect you to do with your life. Oh and BTW its okay to take drugs now. What a stupid concept. How many in Bethel are on drugs and relaxants just to get through a given day. Gee I bet there are alot of demonized JWs on the move. Watch they may approach ya

You'd have to go to a convention and dress appropiately, then when you leave the daily sessions you had to go in public looking like a Christian representing the JW's and Jehovah. Wonder what that meant. 100degrees outside and they want you to wear a suit and tie and sisters in dresses. Like hell. I ripped off my meeting clothes and wore the most causal things I owned. Nude

More and more they tell you to be obedient to the faithful and discreet slave and follow all their rules. Wonder where God and Christ fit in. Its like you must do this and that or you bring disgrace on the organization. yada yada yada...the mother organization. I wonder who's mother that may be???

Oh here is a good one. you could be disfellowshipped for excessive drunkeness, but you would never ever be disfellowshipped for gluttony, mmmum one of the deadly seven sins. Have you ever seen a JW at a buffet? Talk about pig out. I have seen friends in the org. eat and eat and never be told off let alone be disfellowshipped. This one elder, that is all he ever did was constently eat.. Quick get the crackers thats all thats left in the house to eat.Oh oh where is that peanutbutter. Even some of them would steal jams and peanut butters from the resturants. Now what happens to stealers. I think they don't inherit the earth. I've seen this to only be embarrased to a great extent. Don't they have this stuff at home?? Oh I forgot its free its apart of the meal at the resturant, they expect you to take it. Now what about those towels that accidently end up in your suitcase?> Stealers and theifs, gee I don't think they inherit the earth either.

Well now that I have sounded off I better leave before I think of something else.

Orangefatcat

• minimus
    minimus

What do the English and Jehovah's Witnesses have in common??? They're both cheap.

• little witch
    little witch

I humbly offer my boobs (in the name of theology)...

5 seconds now! 5, 4, 3........

• AlanB
    AlanB
    "Momentarily" touching a woman's breast is not a disfellowshipping offense but keeping it there for more than 5 seconds is.

Hmmmm, why was I not informed of this before..... Could do a lot of fondling in Five seconds.... <g>

• minimus
    minimus

Little Witch, are they big enough for 5 seconds worth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit