Weird Things Only Jehovah's Witnesses Do

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

They cannot stand for the national anthem but they can stand for it if they were instructed to stand and sing.

They cannot stand for the national anthem but if they stand up to "get a hot dog" ( at a ball game ) 10 seconds before they are instructed to stand for it, then that's alright.

• little witch
    little witch

Mini,

Times up......Now you will never know!!!!!!

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Amway IS a religion...I have known very few JWs...including myself, that could stomach it for long...they are a whole cult in of themselves...eeek! but they do have some awesome laundry detergent.

So true, once my hubby and i lived near chicago and were invited to a jws party. Everyone was sooo friendly. (we were new in town) Lots of expensive food and lots of hugs. The minute we let them know we were not interested in hawking that stuff, they ,I SWEAR, THREW US OUT. They ushered us to the door , post haste. What an experience.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    My pet peeve was the control over our language. Couldn't use words like "lucky" instead use "fortunate". Or in Bethel we couldn't use the word "guys" to a group if a woman was in the group. For instance "how are you guys doing!?". Other words frowned upon in Bethel were "brown-noser","pissed-off", and "dork". I even new a brother who would freak out if you used the word "booger". I hate the control over language. Never mind all the other control over our behaivor, Ive become just a plain rebel.

Knew a bro once who said "screwed up" during a public talk and well was it ever funny. We all giggled about it through the talk. of course the bro got counseled.(lol)

• little witch
    little witch

Reminds me of the Irish Travelers.

I think the witnesses have been forced to fraudulent means in order to live up to the service thing.

It just cant be done. You cannot raise a family, pay rent, and put food on the table, whilst going door to door.

So I suppose the look for these get rich quick schemes, and "easy" money schemes as a last resort.

Plus, they are already trained door-to -door sales people.....

• minimus
    minimus

They call it---"Putting Kingdom Interest First". Not having a "real" job or career is soooo JWish.

• integ
    integ

I knew a 'brother" who along with another guy used walkie talkies and video cameras in spying on a new brother to try to catch the hapless bible student engaging in unscrupulous activity.

• little1
    little1

Back up to where they frown on 2 door sports cars! Now that's going too far! But really, I knew my jdub boyfriend was seriously impaired and out of touch with reality when he said he was considering selling his 300zx (black with tasteful purple flames) to get a 4 door sedan for door to door. I told him that he'd lost his mind.

• rem
    rem

Um, how about getting up early on a Saturday morning and sometimes Holidays and not getting paid?

rem

• Maverick
    Maverick

I caught a lot of flak for having an XJS. Yet all the MS's and a few of the Elders wanted to "take it for a spin" Maverick!...........Who still has it along with several other vehicles.....all two seaters except the one my daughter drives, and she's not a dud!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit