Weird Things Only Jehovah's Witnesses Do

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What weird things do only Jehovah's Witnesses do?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

All the ones in our Hall wouldn't step on the cracks in the sidewalk out in the field ministry. They didn't want to break their Mothers' backs. That, or they were OCD.

CG

• micheal
    micheal

Blame everything bad on Satan. I.E. " I lost my job, must be Satan" - ( freaks! )

• little witch
    little witch

In her never ending quest to "abstain from blood", My step-monster stood outside spitting blood (from a fever blister) while her neice was married inside the kingdom hall. She was quite irritated that the service was not delayed while she "did what was right".

Her own mother, a devout witness, told her she was being rediculous, but to no avail.

• tink
    tink

they can find a pagan background for ANYthing!!

• logansrun
    logansrun

A couple points:

Fundamentalists of many persuasions use the "blame it on Satan" bit. Not peculiar to dubbies by any means.

WE Vine actually was a scholar who believed JC died on a stake. The dubs LOVE to quote him on this one.

I can think of a line of reasoning I have only heard in the JW milieu, the old "well, we really shouldn't speculate" line. WTF? You mean I'm not even allowed to think about possibilities? Wow.

Bradley

• Emma
    Emma

Shunning your own family is pretty wierd.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is an interesting fact about the WTS.

You can tell who is going to be destroyed at Armageddon or not by how they address you in the letters they write to you. If it begins with "Dear Brother/Sister [Name]", then you are a JW in good standing. If it begins with "Dear Mr/Ms [Name]" then you are not a JW in good standing and therefore will be destroyed at Armageddon.

You can tell what your judgment is by their salutation.

• minimus
    minimus

Can't stand for the National Anthem but can for the flag salute...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

They go door to door spreading good news, which isn't really all that good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit