Prediction of Watchtower in a Few Years

by Foolednomore 72 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

The 1995 Generation teaching was what shocked me into my ‘Fade’.

So, I am sure it affected many other lives because very many JWs left in the several years after. For those who did not leave, I hope it served as a wake-up call to start getting concerned about retirement plans!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This ''1995 thing " has been talked about many, many times. And,,,,it will be always talked about. As a "key focal" point of many " wake-ups"" At first....it didn't really hit,,,until months & years after prolly around 1999-2000 or so. It was then , with the advent of the internet era,,, that I realized the Borg has been controlling and scaring good people with end of age,,fear-mongering propaganda since it's inception. Just making-up rhetoric as they go along....as people are scared into working for free.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I don’t think there are any more predicted dates by WT. Everybody is braced and in expectation. That nothing will happen is unthinkable. The core of JW will see it through even if they day of old age. Also, seems like there is expansion of media studios etc so the preaching work is full steam ahead. JW in general are not giving up the faith and people no matter how few are still coming in. JW religion is not going away.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Of course. Of course. My bad. Sam Herd on the G.B. recently outlined on one of his talks that ''any day now'' the great tribulation will be here ushering in the big 'A'.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

As I recall you are right. The 1995 thing didn’t really ‘hit’ most people at first (well it did for me).

I believe it had a delayed reaction for a lot of other people. Maybe five or so years later some JWs just stopped coming.. They didn’t all die or move away either.

FISHERMAN:

Yes, I do believe the core of JWs will see it through even if they die of old age. I believe in live and let live. I was only Glad that I got out. Good for other people if they want to stay.

• pontoon
    pontoon

The Organization will continue to evolve as they have been for years. The big $$$$ makers like assemblies, especially in owned halls will continue, profitable KH's will continue and their media business will continue to expand. FOLLOW the MONEY and nobody does it better than JW.ORG

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Watchtower died off back in the 90s. It lost it privilege as fastest growing organisation in many countries. I remember even Catholic church was writing articles about the danger with watchtower growth. Can you imagine that. It still around. Who knows how long. But it's like British empire or other empires that come and gone. It still around but with out much importance. I guess it's beneficial for many ex JWs that org is around. They can earn money making YouTube videos about them. Watchtower hating ex JWs, but same time helping them make a living. The irony in that 😂😂. Just shows what joke org has become. Plus lawyers working with child abuse must be making a fortune helping watchtower. Besides that I don't really know what purpose organisation has this days.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Watchtower died off back in the 90s. ""

The WT $ociety never seen the internet age coming. It's often been said.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It wasn’t until I got onto apostate web sights that I fully realised the significance of the over lapping generation. That’s how asleep I was.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The sooner they fade out into oblivion, the better! 🙏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit