Does anyone know of this guy, or agree with his statements on racial differences in IQ?

by Sugar Shane 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Loveuni that is the point - well my point was it doesn't matter whether the question was put to Latinos, Native Americans, Asians, whites, black people, all different types of US citizen would understand Cesar salad, regardless of ethnicity or culture.

• recovering
    recovering

Here is another example ( yes it is from an actual IQ test) .The following question might be difficult for someone from a different culture to grasp. For example someone from China probably uses a chopsticks to eat, or an Ethiopian uses his hands due to his cultural etiquette.

• Find the answer that best completes the analogy:

Book is to Reading as Fork is to:

a. drawing

b. writing

c. stirring

d. eating

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Again, it doesn't matter whether this latest question was put to Latinos, Native Americans, Asians, whites, Jews, Arabs or black people, all different types of US citizen would understand that fork is to eating, regardless of ethnicity or culture.

US army tests results show different mean IQ scores for different ethnic/cultural groups of US citizens. This question wouldn't be culturally biased if it was on the US army IQ test.

• recovering
    recovering

Loveuni that just is not true. There are those who due to where they live or culture isolation in their communities probably have never heard of a Caesars salad.

• cofty
    cofty

Really A chinese person who doesn't know what a fork is?

I have never eaten with chopsticks but I know what it's used for.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

East Asians score higher on the very same IQ tests western whites take. Are the IQ tests biased against whites?

• Simon
    Simon

The test it no doubt translated into terms (and language!) that makes sense to the local population.

Because yes, asking non-English-speakers English questions would affect the scores somewhat. Claiming that's what happened is a bit laughable as to be sad.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I guess I’m confused and probably not too smart.. What is intelligence, exactly? High IQ?? Wouldn’t it depend, or rather, hasn’t intelligence been measured by the ability to survive in whatever time/environment you happened to live in? Also, isn’t there “emotional intelligence”, “street Smarts”, ect???

Is Bill Gates “smarter” than an Aboriginal that can live off the land? Is Steve Jobs more “intelligent” than a child who learns to hustle in the Hood?

If the shit hits the fan, who lives and passes on their genes?

DD

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@DATA-DOG:

I posted several interviews on the top of page 8. These are IQ experts, and they define IQ vs general intelligence “G” quite clearly.

• recovering
    recovering

Yes Data dog that is nailing it on the head. Intelligence is not as easy to quantify as some people think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit