Aaaannnnndddd I'm spent......

by safe4kids 56 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

It has been accomplished, it's over, done, kaput. A chapter of my life that has lasted 5 and 1/2 years has reached its final page and the book is now closed. (No, I'm not talking about my sex life, that's been more than...erm, well, never mind). I attended my final class today at the University of South Florida and, nightmares to the contrary notwithstanding, I'll walk in the commencement ceremony on December 13th. I've got my cap and gown, my sash, a s***load of student loans, bags under my eyes, more grey hair, and a messy house to show for it. I can't believe I'm finally done! And I can't believe how much I've changed since I began college in 1998, at which time I was still in my heart a "true dub" and didn't really believe deep down that I would ever actually obtain a degree...it just seemed too farfetched but at the time I thought that going to a few classes would be cool and who knew? maybe someday....

Someday has arrived and I'm not sure how I feel, other than worn out LOL. I don't know whether to do the happy dance or sleep for a week At any rate, I'm not sure it's sunk in yet that I'm "done", but I felt the need to share it with my friends here, so thanks for letting me do so

Dana, almost BSW

• Valis
    Valis

Congrats safe4adults!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• franklin J
    franklin J

congrats!

this is big news and the beginning of a new chapter in your life. ( sure beats going door to door)

good luck

Frank

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Congratulations Dana! You deserve every bit of pride in your accomplishment that I hope you feel. Now, forward to fame, riches, and conquering the world, Napoleon! And crack open that 2 litre bottle of diet pepsi!

Expatbrit

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I finished my degree after I already had a job and a family to care for. I know it can be a real challenge! You should be so proud of yourself!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Congrats, Dana!! Your perseverance has paid off!

I'd hope you can do both -- the happy dance AND take a week off....

How are your job prospects looking?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Congratulations Dana ! This has been a long hard 5 years for ya, in more ways than just college. You've shown a lot of metal, and what you've overcome and accomplished is an inspiration!

Craig (of the only got 90 credits but still proud of it class)

• Valis
    Valis

For a second I thought onanism started this thread. *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• waiting
    waiting

Waddago Dana!

Such a MAJOR accomplishment for anybody!

But a single mother of two? A fabulous accomplishment!

Btw, my soon-to-be daughter in law graduates a day before you. Like you, loans out the yazoo.....but no children. Congratulations - you've had it tougher!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Congrats Dana! That is fantastic. I'm so happy for you. Just wish I was closer and I've give you a big Texas hug.

Now you get to use that degree.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit