Will New Rules Bring JWs Together or Pull Them Apart?

by doinmypart 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

We keep hearing that word over & over & over & over all the time in broadcasting,, meetings and what not...

Is,,,"unity".

What they are really saying is ""uniformity"". "" conformity"".

What the Borg is relying on is all of it's $heeples is thinking,,acting and all looking alike.

Unity,,no. It's Uniformity. Conformity.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

A friend who is Methodist told me their church does something similar to DFing but calls it unassociating a person or something to that effect. It has to be something pretty serious and is VERY rare to see it invoked. When it is, a person can get right back in if they stop what they were doing and seek appropriate help to change. The rest of the members do not stop talking to the person, they simply curtail some social engagement, and even that is left to the decision of each individual.

When this step has been taken, they say almost all of the disciplined persons change and come immediately back.

I think this is where WTC wants to be. They care little about actual purity and consider it highly subjective anyway. Those in the know tell me that WTC is under tremendous pressure to change and to stem the tide of leavers and fresh crops of apostates planted with their harsh policies. They also cannot continue funding the enormous expense of defending cases against them.

I have not heard some of the wild talk Redsetter2 wrote about, but I am aware that celebrating birthdays will be acceptable by October this year. Thats about it. Some guidelines will apply.

So far, all these changes don’t represent much. Most are simply a move toward informalizing the cult to make it easier to be in. In so doing, WTC is opening a Pandoras box as JWs are already beginning to devour one another with criticism.

If you don’t actually have the truth, everything you say and do will be stained with what is false and confused.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

OP I agree Watchtowers land grabbing of kingdom halls etc was an outrageous stunt that should have caused massive outcry.

The fact it didn't has more to do with the fact so much of that sort of thing is kept from ordinary JWs. I mean to this day many of them have no idea of how that all worked. Elders were the only ones it affected and they either stepped down and/or left quietly for fear of loosing family, or stayed on because they enjoy the prestige.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

ThomasMore: "I have not heard some of the wild talk Redsetter2 wrote about, but I am aware that celebrating birthdays will be acceptable by October this year. Thats about it. Some guidelines will apply."

Let me guess: the sister who leaps out of the cake will have to be appropriately dressed? 🤔

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “…JWs are already beginning to devour one another with criticism…”

And we thought it was a trainwreck in the making before all this crap.

When I take my over-90-year-old JW mom to the memorial, I wanna shave my beard and wear a tie, just to see WTF happens.

😁

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I am interested in the possibility of relaxing the rules on birthdays, but I hadn't heard about that before this thread.

Could they really be considering doing that?

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

@Diogenesister

OP I agree Watchtowers land grabbing of kingdom halls etc was an outrageous stunt that should have caused massive outcry.
    The fact it didn't has more to do with the fact so much of that sort of thing is kept from ordinary JWs.

You're correct. The property and bank account transfers weren't widely known. I suppose most JWs don't pay attention to motions that are passed or paperwork posted on the information board.

I guess my thinking is that while some JWs won't like changes, the majority (whether they like them or not) will accept whatever the GB announces.

I don't think it is that difficult for most JWs. Regardless of how much the GB controls their lives, the rank and file just want to be happy and content; and whenever the GB grants a few allowances, the members will eat it up. A few people will grumble, but I don't think it will cause a major schism.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx
    Let me guess: the sister who leaps out of the cake will have to be appropriately dressed? 🤔

Well if what Redsetter is saying has any truth to it then JWs will become a sex cult.

Red is saying they will say oral and anal sex is permitted 😭

j

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

At the moment it seems that adjustments announced so far, have been taken rather well. Parents of disfelowshipped children now have a good excuse to call them, and the new dress code has brought a bit of relieve to others.

However once the more controversial doctrinal changes start being announced (birthday celebrations and the like) many older ones may begin to privately question the Governing Body's thoughts.

But the revision of the blood doctrine in particular, is likely to bring open discontent from the Brotherhood. Because, while few Witnesses have lost family by refusing a blood transfusion, a far greater number have had operations and personality contemplated the end of their lives, over this matter. And as a result, a lot of people could become angry after realizing that they have been misled, risking everything just over an opinion.

Will many leave like the Russell/Rutherford split, it remains to be seen. However I can't see the GB have the same authority they enjoy now. And I would expect that in the 10 plan, they might move into the background once again, until the storm of discontent passes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - “Watchtowers land grabbing of kingdom halls etc was an outrageous stunt that should have caused massive outcry. The fact it didn't has more to do with the fact so much of that sort of thing is kept from ordinary JWs.”

There’s another issue, too.

The Org’s angry, panicked post-Menlo land grab shackled a massive ball-and-chain around their neck.

If their charity classification were revoked, they’d suddenly have to pay property tax on billions of dollars worth of real estate.

Hoser gets credit for originally pointing this out, BTW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit