Will New Rules Bring JWs Together or Pull Them Apart?

by doinmypart 30 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

jehovaxx:"Well if what Redsetter is saying has any truth to it then JWs will become a sex cult.

Red is saying they will say oral and anal sex is permitted 😭"

That's when I started thinking that he was talking through his hat; they would never say that in so many words!

His predictions make up another wishlist.

Make no mistake, the changes have been astronomical to those who are in and have been in, but from an outsider's perspective they seem small and niggardly; too little, too late. They are at least two decades too late and purely reactive; they're changing things that they can no longer get away with foisting on the faithful. They sat on their hands so long that the world's governments started noticing.

Their instinct is to only relinquish as much as they absolutely have to and no more. Red's list goes way beyond that.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

no-zombie: "But the revision of the blood doctrine in particular, is likely to bring open discontent from the Brotherhood. Because, while few Witnesses have lost family by refusing a blood transfusion, a far greater number have had operations and personality contemplated the end of their lives, over this matter. And as a result, a lot of people could become angry after realizing that they have been misled, risking everything just over an opinion."

And they will claim that they never told anyone they needed to die for the stance on blood transfusions; that some, in their zeal, chose to run ahead of Jehovah's chariot. Tell that to the family members who saw their loved ones bullied into refusing a life saving medical procedure by the members of the HLC! Will they deny that the HLCs even existed?

• Yomama
    Yomama

Will you now be removed for talking 20 min to à removed person?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    And they will claim that they never told anyone they needed to die for the stance on blood transfusions; that some, in their zeal, chose to run ahead of Jehovah's chariot.

It is already being soft pedaled. If someone accepts a BT they only need to "confess" that it was in a moment of emotional stress or "spiritual weakness" and ask forgiveness. Such a display of repentance saves them from a JC. Should they admit they do not believe the the prohibition of blood and would accept the BT again if needed, they will be considered as one who chose to DA -- and no longer is one of JW's. I believe this will gradually move to an individual's conscience matter.

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

notformer

They already are a sex cult.

Just read all the scandals between couples that have come to light on forums like this, as well as the countless horrific CSA cases. Jehovah's Witnesses have an unhealthy obsession with sex and always project this onto "worldly" people, who don't give a damn

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

Thomasmore

I think relaxing of birthday celebrations in October is oddly specific. The GB may mention new light then, but changes usually are effective the week after or into the next year. Wait for the 'Chariot'®!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If they’re doubling down on the blood rules, it’s probably because their lawyers have done some kind of cost-benefit analysis, and determined that dropping it will actually result in more legal problems than keeping it.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Redsetter2 - My inside source actually said this coming Fall. I took it to mean October. We will see if they are correct. To date, they seem to have a handle on what is happening.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tom has a source, Red is a source…

…we should start a betting pool of some kind…

😏

• Riley
    Riley

I think the Watchtower is just turning into " Church ". People might attend every second week, might just not bother with the mid week meeting. No field service but will attend every social function.

I am sure if that is better of worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit