What Do Today’s Jehovah’s Witnesses Really Think?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• iXav
    iXav

Religion is not often about intelligence or being smart. The human personality is a spectrum and it can choose to go in any direction that is convenient. You can be a Nasa scientist and still leave you brain at home when you go to church or the KH because you are in the presence of a greater being.

Most JW don't understand their teachings for the simple reason that when you start to question things that do not make sense, you are told to leave it in Jah's hand. After a while, you just go with the flow because it is easier to be at the same intellectual level as those in your social group.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Anyone ever read the aid book? This is the core beliefs of JWs. But most have never read it

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I rarely agree with you, Min. But this is right on. A typical man or woman in the hall could define basic beliefs and argue many complex beliefs. Sure, it was twisted logic based on Watchtower teachings, but the members mostly knew it. Most everyone knew how to research a thing if they wanted to know what Watchtower said about the thing.

Witnesses today don't know what THEY believe.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The only thing JW`s beleive today is that the GB are Gods Spokespersons on earth and spirit directed by him / chosen by him ,anything else you want to know go to JW.Org

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

it is easier to be at the same intellectual level as those in your social group.

Yes, remember BITD when JW's took some pride in helping people UP to a higher level? Teaching them to read, to write, and to do research? As mentioned in earlier posts, now it is a dumbed down version where everyone is expected to bring themselves DOWN to the lowest common denominator. No room for intelligence.

• JWTom
    JWTom

Hello All! I have not been on in awhile. Good to catch up on topics! All of these posts are spot on.

In my ~50 years as a witness from birth :( I would say few people that are JWs today have any idea what they believe. And could not defend any of their beliefs if a gun was put to their head.

• minimus
    minimus

JW Tom u r right on

• iXav
    iXav
    In my ~50 years as a witness from birth :frowning: I would say few people that are JWs today have any idea what they believe. And could not defend any of their beliefs if a gun was put to their head.

So true and that is why religion is about feelings and the sense of belong. Religion and facts/reason don't see eye to eye

• James Brown
    James Brown

I don't know what todays JW's are all about. My elder brother in law told me he misses the days of the old JW's. My jw family members are always trying to reactivate my wife and I. I always say its not the watchtower society I left and i have no interest in your new religion. I do remember when I was in during the 70's, they said they would always have book study groups. No matter what the government tried to do they would always have the book study. The devil and covid seems to have shut down the book study. As far as I know. Maybe they are secretly having book study groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit