What Do Today’s Jehovah’s Witnesses Really Think?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The religion has dumbed down so much that no wonder people can’t answer a question unless they look at the answer first in a website.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What has changed? When I was first in it, I could at least hold my own against certain others that nowadays would be a threat to your faith. And I mean the likes of Pentecostals and born-agains. No, I would not be able to change them, but it was viewed more as a time waste than a threat.

These days, the jokehovians are such pansies that they could not defend themselves against a regular cat lick, faith wise. For sure, they would be more terrified if they had to preach to a Pentecostal instead of just falling into wasting their time.

• minimus
    minimus

Pentecostals speak in tongues. They are demonized.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FedUpJW - "...Two phrases that definitely DO NOT belong in the same sentence..."

Damn, beat me to it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    WTWizard - "These days, the jokehovians are such pansies that they could not defend themselves against a regular cat lick, faith wise."

Crude, but succinct.

Like Outlaw once said, "...old-school JWs were Watchtower warriors...today's Witnesses are soft..." (paraphrasing, but not much).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I will say this...

...at least the average rank-and-filer doesn't actually have to keep up on all the constant changes, anymore.

Vidiot

• LV101
    LV101

Vanderhoven - what is 'Jesus Witness forum?' Is that a discussion board?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What Do Today’s Jehovah’s Witnesses Really Think? - er, they don't.

If they think, they tend to exit the org.

• minimus
    minimus

There are many smart thinking people that are Witnesses. Perplexing.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

When I was in, in the good old days, you had brothers and sisters of the anointed who would give long answers in the Watchtower that showed how much they had drilled down into the meaning of the verses. As a result, I prepared my answers quoting references to (for example) Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words to draw out the meaning of a certain Greek word in a verse.

Nowadays I am told that the WT says the answers should not exceed 30 seconds, and that the first answer should be direct from the WT article, which is why I heard that they take the hand of the youngest kid in the audience who probably has been told what to say by one of the parents.

What I am getting at is that no one can express their deep study in such a short answer, which is why the average JW probably doesn't bother to study anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit