The elders came calling. šŸ˜¹

by MissDaSilva 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

I strongly agree middle ground is best. If there are weddings or funerals coming up you will find it easier if you are not shunned

there could be any number of situations where you wish you faded or just became inactive

for me and so we chose middle ground JWLITE so we still turn on zoom meetings and ministry groups and love to chat to our friends and even go in person on seldom occasions

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just to carry on from my previous post. For me fading was the best. When my last remaining PIMI JW parent dies, then perhaps DAing with my middle finger up to them may be an option. Though, due to the time that I have been out. I donā€™t think this will happen as I canā€™t see what it will accomplish. But it is still a card I can pull if I so decide to. F*#k you watchtower, you really annoy me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Avoid any meeting if possible, especially with 2 witnesses, even a sister is a second witness.

I played the Depression card, I don't know if you would want to, or could pull it off, but it worked for me, just got a lovely Letter, and no problem since, that was over a decade ago.

I said in the letter I sent that I would be in touch if I felt the need for "Spiritual help" LOL.

Good luck whatever, and may 2024 be a very Happy and fulfilling year for you and yours !

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

At least there will be no awkward situations if you donā€™t end up getting shunned. I have heard if so many awkward situations. Even in business or holidays or travel, even a taxi driver refused things like due to shunning.

I do understand the appeal a sticking a middle finger upto the elders and doing a hard exit.

But you can still do a middle finger upto the elders and soft exit. I like the idea someone said on here to shun the elders who you choose to. And make a point of it right to their face walk away and go a speak to someone else who you think a lot of. Treat the elders like they will treat you if you are shunned.

if asked you can quote the same scriptures they quote when justifying shunning, not saying a greeting to such a one ect. You feel they are not living upto the scriptures of what Jesus taught and you obey God rather than man. Turn the tables on them but keep control donā€™t let them shun you is the best

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Iā€™m picturing it happening just perfectlyā€¦ no anger being expressed (just hurt and dismay), and flawless, undeniable logicā€¦

ā€¦and some crusading, loyalist elder turning apoplectic at that response, but helpless at intimidating the individual.

Even better, it happens because the asshole elder (ā€œasshelderā€?) loses his cool, makes his accusations, and gets his response all in front of a bunch of shocked congregation members.

šŸ˜

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The depression card is sometimes the way to go.

The eldubs may give you the benefit of the doubt and leave you alone more.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Anytime they come hounding you with 2 or more,,be extremely careful what you say.

Could be a set-up.

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I just wonā€™t answer the door if Iā€™m alone in the house. This is going to be a great game of cat and mouse going forward. šŸ˜»šŸ˜†

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A game of cat and mouse.

And don't answer the door if you're home alone.

Sounds like a plan if you dont feel ready to talk with the eldubs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

or--have a bit of fun with them. Tell them how worried you are--big energy bill coming up--say you cant pay it--burst in to tears as you plead with them to help you out with a loan--say Ā£500 for now. Promise them you will pay them back...when you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit