The elders came calling. 😹

by MissDaSilva 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

This afternoon just after lunch.

I spotted 2 of the nicer elders in the congregation walking up the drive.

I didn’t answer the door. I was very busy enjoying a glass of wine and watching EX JW Panda. Maybe I should have invited them in to watch it, after all they show their videos. Just saying. 🤭😜

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Heads up.

Brace for a Shepparding call.

Your absence is noted.

If you're paying the taxes,bill and mortgage for the property,,,,its up to you if you feel like answering the door or not.

Remember that.

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Oh well. 😆They’re well used to people hiding behind the curtains or shutting the door in their faces. Years of growing a thick skin.

It’s quite amusing.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

You are free to tell them that you do not wish to sit down and discuss anything with them. That is sufficient for them to make whatever decisions and announcements they feel they need to make. It saves everyone the time and discomfort of having to sit through a shepherding session when you already know the outcome.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Youre spot on, MissDaSilva

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Please don't think I'm being cynical, but sometimes it seems the elders only want to visit/shepherd you when they suspect you may have 'gone rogue'/apostate!! 😉😉😉

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Next step they will try multiple times to make contact if still you ignore they will have a JD without you. If you have made it clear by the sound of it that you are celebrating Christmas then that is all they need.

It will be a short JD with you not there, they will have evidence that you celebrated Christmas and that will be the end of that. It will be announced that you are no longer a JW.

From that point on forward all JWs will shun you. Are you sure you understand this?

My suggestion is you think very carefully about the option of soft fading so that you will not be shunned by everyone. There must be some JWs you would like to keep in contact with?

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Ohhh I bet the CO was in town or coming within three weeks and they had to catch up on the shepherding calls to stay in the power rangers

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Thank you for all your really helpful suggestions and support.

We are ready to go rogue. If they shun us then it’s their loss. I don’t negotiate with a terrorist organisation. 😆

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ron W;

Thats the exact reason why 2 elders want to come ""visit and encourage" you.

Its NOT to encourage you,,but to mess with your head.

And to see if you're gone 'apostate'. 2 want to meet so they can report back to the elder body and say ""yes,,,so and so said this and that""

The importance of coming in ""2's"". We all know it,,everyone knows it. How they follow the rule of 2 or more witnesses straight to the very top!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit