The elders came calling. šŸ˜¹

by MissDaSilva 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When two "want to meet"".

Everything you say will be used against you.

Geez,,I sound like an officer here.

But what I'm just trying to say is,,anything you say they can use to "their" advantage. And a JC can be formed to blindside you.

If you want to avoid an eventual JC with unfavorable results,,continue to be evasive. Not at home or dont answer or whatever. If they do corner you,,,just play dumb,clueless.

Do these things and cultivate a life,,or friends outside of the Borg,,until you're ready for an unfavorable outcome.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

If an Elder drops by with another elder... it might be a judicial investigation.

If an Elder stops by with his wife or just a publisher in service or in work clothes to actually help you, it is out of love and concern.

"Unless you expect to win the lottery or inherit vast riches nothing good rings the front door...except for Girl Scout cookies." quote to me from two attorney friends. lol. :)

• Gorb
    Gorb

We got the same adventure at our doorstep, when a CO came the whole week banging on our door. We had the shutters closed.

Never felt worse.

G

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The C.O. and 2 Elders came banging on our door multiple times the first 2 years we went "inactve" or woke.We simply did what the public did to us for years...not answer...the door and screened our calls. Worked well.

• hoser
    hoser

Weā€™ve been requested in the past for a ā€œvisitā€ from the elders.

No problem come at this inconvenient time.

They never showed and never pestered us again.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"When two "want to meet""

Hmm. If I wanted to meet a lady, it'd probably involve wine and dinner. JW elders are a breed apart.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When 2 elders come knocking unannounced,,,it is to precede with judicial action.

They want you to inadvertently admit to something.....using that 2 witnesses rule....& your fate is sealed.

With an unfavorable outcome.

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Good morning & Merry Christmas to you all. šŸŽ„šŸŒ¹

Wolves in sheepā€™s clothing.

Iā€™m tempted to write a letter to the head honcho ā€œcoordinatorā€ to request that no one calls at the house uninvited. Any thoughts on that one? Please. šŸ™šŸ’–

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

write it but don't expect them to honor it...They WANT to hear you say you no longer want to be a JW...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Tbh Iā€™m not a big fan of leaving with a JC. Recently I had a close JW relative die, who I had cared for. I was thinking how much smoother things were. It allowed for me to organise the funeral, the hall, person to give service with no trouble. I was very pleased with how things went, and to be fair I really didnā€™t have to do anything with regard to catering or cleaning up, for which I was most grateful. Mind you this relative probably would have done the same for someone else.

Regarding my fade, and Iā€™m approaching my 11 year since I last attended a formal meeting. My experience was quite different to most. As I heard absolutely nothing from any elder. To the point of, I donā€™t know weather I take their lack of interest as an insult, or as a blessing, as I allowed me to slip out the back door with pretty much no effort. At the time I really didnā€™t want to deal with elders, and had I of, i probably would have been DFed for apostasy.

Despite my personal views on this cult. I still interact with them if I see them on the street etc. although I do realise this is on the condition of keeping my mouth shut. Hey, they are happy with them been them, and Iā€™m happy with me been me. So letā€™s find a middle ground where we are both happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit