We missed you at the meetings...

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!!

Great thread.

When they have said "We miss you, I always reply "Thankyou! Lets grab a coffee now if you like?"

They never take me up on that!

• label licker
    label licker

If they said they missed us at the assembly, we would say "well we missed you too".

If they said they missed us at the regular meetings, we would ask " what did you miss about us".

We never would get an answer back. Just a stupid look on their fake faces.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NK - Is that the blank of England? ;)

Longy - Seems they wouldn't recognise you if you weren't framed within the doorway of the Kingdum Hell.

saethy - Cult speak is very irritating when you hear it after escaping.

Steve2 - True say.

Daggy - That'd put the frighteners on them.

Sparrah - The qualifer is "at the meetings." - They can never just say "we miss you"

Spot on, me ol' cock sparrah!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I got a fair bit of this when i first left, I think the only genuine message I got was from a dear little lad, just in to his teens, who wrote me a letter to say he missed me at the meetings because he felt I was the only one there who really knew what the Bible was all about !

Little did he know that I only really learned what the Bible was all about after I left !

All the other stuff was vacuous propaganda from people who had been taught to say that crap.

• Chook
    Chook

I use to say to jws when asked this , “ my ph hasn’t left my pocket, did I miss your call “.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I remember that when I began to fade, I would only show up at the meetings once in a while, and sure enough, every time I showed up, there would be an elder that after spotting me would make the walk towards me and say something like: "Well, well, well, look who decided to show up today", with a stupid grin on his face, and a tone dripping with sarcasm.

I used to hate going just because I know I would have to put up with that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Stucky - There's a coffee morning at the local church....

Label - What did you miss about us? Good response.

Phuzzy - Little did he know that I only really learned what the Bible was all about after I left !

Pucker reason to miss meetings(tm).

Chook - did I miss your call?

I only hope a reply as good as this makes jobos think.

Vippy - ELDUB: "Well, well, well, look who decided to show up today"

Vippy: You did?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Identical here @redvip2000, I showed up and someone said "Look, you found the road to the hall again".

How I hate these guys.

Avoiding now.

G.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    gorbs - Avoiding now.

I wouldn't mind betting that if the CO heard an elder say that and put you off going, they'd be in trouble. They miss your money.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it was actually that scenario that sealed my fate, it was the very last time I set foot in the KH for the 1993 memorial I'd been faded for a few months and went to it to please the missus, I shuffled along to my seat angry,demotivated and thinking that this was the last place I wanted to be, just as the thing was about to commence a big loud mouthed sister turned around to me and uttered those words " we haven't seen you for a long time" blah blah blah, I felt kind of embarrassed, ashamed,humiliated,so did my wife, I never set foot in a KH ever again after, such small minded, false levels of interest in me I can without, sad pathetic people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit