We missed you at the meetings...

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

How many times have you heard that trope?

Never. Those shits never cared for me.

• jp1692
    jp1692

The Office Space clip reminded me of this:

I haven't missed a meeting in years!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I had a text sent to me several years back...."so many at the assembly are asking about you."

Funny.....most of them have my cell number, yet I have never received any kind, loving communication from them. JUST EMPTY WORDS, NOTHING ELSE!!!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@ToesUp Identical situation for me. My mother plays that card a lot just so she can prove how "loving" and caring everyone is, even though I've become inactive. Yet, not one text message or phone call. Don't get me wrong - I'm relieved I haven't been harassed by such ones. I just can't help but notice how much it reeks of insincerity when my mother tells me that "so-and-so really cares about you. They always ask where you are," etc.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

finky & venus - They protect the cult and its leaders at all costs, no matter how evil they prove to be.

oneeye - I'll have a look at the vid when I am on tech that allows me to.

scratchy - What a miserable bunch. Pooh to them with knobs on!

jp - I'll have a look at that.

toes & jo-ho - Empty words and insincere indeed describes it aptly.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    "a dose of farmers on the bum"

Couldn't agree with you more but I don't recognise the above reference. Could you enlighten me?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Couldn't agree with you more but I don't recognise the above reference. Could you enlighten me?

a dose of farmers on the bum ... farmer Giles - piles (Cockney rhyming slang).

Piles are haemorrhoids.

It certainly sounds a bit strange and when I first read Punk's post I thought, what do the farmers in his area get up to?!

I'm not a Cockney myself but I do know a few phrases ...

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Of course. Sometimes you feel really stooopid!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

slidin - Yes. LUHE is correct. I like to inject a bit of Brit culture here and there........perhaps the local farmers do too

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

You are making my eyes water. It's not the humour though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit