Is Child Abuse An Issue That You Personally Have Seen In The Organization?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As an elder, I saw one child abuse situation involving a man who wanted to be an elder and had I believe 8 children. He was not in our congregation when this all erupted. He denied it and moved to another Hall and unbelievably, that body of elders wanted to appoint him since they believed his entire family was lying about him. He never did get appointed and I have no idea what happened to him.

Did YOU PERSONALLY know someone who was a child molester in your congregation??

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I did. And the father of the young girl molested by the ministeral servant(being protected by the elders) came back one memorial and attacked him. In the hall. and told everyone what happened.

• minimus
    minimus

Good. Did the dad get arrested? They’d call the cops on him but not the MS!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I dont know what happened after that.but police where called. The MS wasmuch later arrested and not seen for a while

• vienne
    vienne

Yes, when I was a child and attending with my mother, a friend of mine my age (12). She was sexually abused by her father since she was seven. He was expelled from the fellowship and she and her mother stopped attending. Her life afterward was not what I'd wish on anyone.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Yes, we had one in our congregation. On the face of it, a very devout JW. The type of JW that would walk to the Kingdom Hall with his bible in his hand and snitch on anyone to make himself look good. Turned out he’d been molesting his daughters and no one knew until his eldest confided in a sister. He got away with it and is now remarried (mother of daughters divorced him) and is in a new congregation. Then of course, there is my own abuser. Highly respected elder, ex temp CO. He totally got away with it.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Multiple. Several as an elder including phone call with Brooklyn legal dept., and lawyer.

In my area, I would say that there are several per congregation out of 9 congs.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes, an Elder in my congregation was accused by his daughter but only one witness, so a report was privately sent to Bethel but that's it. He 'served' until death. Another Elder who was also annointed as well as a shareholder of the WTB&TS of PA and regularly went to the annual business meeting was also accused but only by one witness. He 'served' until death. Looking back on the latter I can definitely see signs of it in photos and memories, but I was young myself at the time and never noticed. In hindsight there are also others that I don't know if they've been accused or not but I'd be wary of.

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

I've been in a total of 9 congregations. Sadly, EVERY ONE OF THEM had one or more paedophiles in them. Every one of them. In one rare case, the perp voluntarily walked into a police station and handed himself in. In another, the perp took his victims to "clean the Kingdom Hall" - yes, he did it Inside the Kingdom Hall. I have the personal satisfaction of going AGAINST the instructions of the CO - who threatened that if I did NOT call Watchtower legal desk first, I would be deleted as an elder - and I assisted the victim to report to the police.

(I never was deleted as an elder - it was assumed the victim went to the police independently.)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Yes, I was an elder for 3 years in the 90s. Our congregation had a few child abuse issues,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit