Is Child Abuse An Issue That You Personally Have Seen In The Organization?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I would never care to protest assemblies or a KH. HOWEVER, if there is a known child molester it is incumbent that all the congregation has a right to know.

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, what happened to the bro that sounded the alarm? Was he in trouble with the elders??

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We know of 2 Elders that have been jailed for molesting their daughters. This has been over the past 4 years. We know of another one that molested a close family friends daughter, years ago.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Since, from what we've gathered, there seems to be - on average - a least one (alleged) abuser per KH...

...I'd say that all of us have "seen the issue"...

...even if we weren't aware of it.

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Yeah, I don't know what happened to the guy or " brother " as we used to call them- who sounded the alarm . I wasn't an elder, so there was no way for me to know if he had been talked to by the elders for sounding the alarm about the child molester. But whether he was talked to - or not , it's a moot point. He was still a hero in my eyes for sounding the alarm publicly to all the parents in the congregation about this child molester. I hope the elders just left him alone- but you know how elders are always concerned about outward appearances, how things look- instead of real justice and truth being accomplished. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Absolutely not.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yep. My neighbors, who we moved in next door to and who got us in the damned cult to begin with, were raping their kids. One kid went to jail, the parents died before it came out. It was super messed up. They adopted a kid who was the eventual whistle-blower.

A brother in the congregation had been to jail for molesting kids. A girl I knew in the KH and a relative of his was molested by him. The elders did nothing because the other girls were worldly and didn't count as a second witness. He's still a brother in the congregation. The girl I knew is shunned after being mentally messed up and turning to drugs before getting her life in order. He and the congregation wrecked her life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And this can be contributed no doubt to the 2 witness rule policy which some egregious creeps exploited, including elders.

Holding to that ancient law of judicial judgement is costing the WTS/JWS dearly now...... good

• Hecce
    Hecce

Yes, quite a few times and before the laws were changed for the protection of the minors, the majority of the cases were unreported and the culprits got away with it.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

I Was only in one molestation about 1973. A 18 year old married man molested a child right in the Hall, the Elders meet with him that night, although the senior elders really didn't knew what to do because he was not baptized and kind of left it hanging. He lived right behind my house, so next morning I knocked on his door and told him "if you ever touch another child I will break your fucking neck!".

He was out of town that afternoon. I called Brooklyn where they said we could phone ahead and bar him from entering into another KH in the L.A. area his father was in. I did and he was not allowed in a KH as long as I knew. The child's mom was just a study and because of that decisive action became a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit