Watchtower Organisation - it's all over, bar the shouting

by slimboyfat 199 Replies latest members campaign

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

I agree with Anonymous. Things have shifted post covid. There are many more people attracted to classical Christianity. The trends have changed. There is a sizable segment of the population who are looking to traditional values to help provide meaning and direction in life. My hope is mainline churches will grow again and the extremes will be muted. This country needs it, the world needs it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Would the WT leadership take actions that appear clearly tailored to shore up the Org’s survival…

…if the Org’s survival wasn’t at risk?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    I sincerely believe that the WTS doctors its numbers; hard for anyone outside those who do the "counting" to confirm.

For a period of time while still running on the hamster wheel I did the congregation accounts until I got booted out of that "privilege" for refusing to massage the financial numbers. All I can confirm is that congregation accounts are done in a manner that if not lying is so close as to not be distinguishable. If they lie on the local level, and lie on the circuit and regional level, and hide what they do on the national level you can bet on the fact they lie on the worldwide level too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I keep saying…

…take any figures the Org puts out with a Gibraltar-sized grain of salt.

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Even if the numbers are correct alot of the people are a watered down version of their past self.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Presbyterians are in steep decline in the United States

https://youtu.be/QN7kmVjUGZA?si=LmNOkt3EX0gl6W_O

• hoser
    hoser

Vidiot

Vidiot2 hours ago

Like I keep saying…

…take any figures the Org puts out with a Gibraltar-sized grain of salt.

Figures don’t lie, but liars do figure

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In my work I frequently enter churches for repair work. I've had some earnest discussions with some of the pastors and treasurers concerning drop in attendance. I have often been surprised to find they might have as few as 6-10 regular attenders; it is quite a burden for these ones to keep up the maintenance of their church. One in particular is heartbreaking. It is an historic African American Church that was a stop on the Underground Railroad. Now it has only 8 attendees, a few of them are quite old. It's awful to see happen, but the demographic changes are unrelenting.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Presbyterians are in steep decline in the United States"

Across the board? There are several Presbyterian denominations in the USA.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah, apparently so. Most denominational groups are in steep decline in the US now, Presbyterians, Methodists, Lutherans, Episcopalians, you name it, even former bastions such as the Southern Baptism Convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit