Watchtower Organisation - it's all over, bar the shouting

by slimboyfat 199 Replies latest members campaign

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Oh if only someone with the resources and will to do so would take it upon themselves to get dis-illusioning / damning evidence from the things that go on behind closed doors at Bethel.

I for one am hoping for a crash & burn scenario. : )

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Be great to have a TV show about JWs like Lisa Rimini has done with Scientology.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I really hope that SBF is right about the imminent decline of the WTS . He makes some good observations but is it wishful thinking? They do seem to be retaining the teens growing up, around here anyway

I will agree on this point :

"And hardly anyone comes into the KH from the general public any more"

We commented at home that the only "studies" that we have seen attend in recent years have been oddballs , social misfits who love the company.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Londo11115 days ago15 days ago15 days agoWatchtower might have to lessen up on the bar it takes to perform certain duties. And why can't women carry the microphone? Do the accounts? Handle territories?

Women actually can do those jobs, and in some congregations where there just are not enough qualified brothers it has happened.
    But its like finding a 4 leaf clover.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

So funny I am prophetic !! I said Lisa Rimini should do a show on JWs and looks like it will happen!

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

Great thread. Just wanted to clarify that the Watchtower School of Gilead has NOT been abandoned. I was a Brooklyn B-lite shortly after the school was redesigned, eliminating the application process through which some had previously been selected as students. Beginning in 2011, students would be nominated exclusively from a pool of already special full-time servants. The graduates would then be assigned to high-population areas, so as to maximize their potential statistical impact. Previously, missionaries had often been sent to very remote destinations with small populations. I also led a Bible tour at the MET Museum in NYC for 12 of the students in the 138th Class of Gilead in September, 2014 (the class saw the return of single sisters among the students). All that changed was the scope of the school and the demographics of its graduates.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Recent leaks confirm it’s all over bar the shouting.

i can’t seem to post on the other thread at the moment, so I’ll post this here:

Lett said donations increased by 15% for the months of June and July 2015 before returning to normal. This leak says there was an $30 million received. That would indicate that JWs collect something in the region of $100 million in donations per month, or $1.2 billion per year. That would mean each JW contributes around $150 per year on average. That may seem very low, but many JWs live in poor countries. So it might be about right.

For comparison the Seventh Day Adventist Church received $3.2 billion in donations in 2016. That works out at $160 per member - slightly more than JWs. Which is impressive when you consider that many Adventists live in Africa and other poor regions, while they are virtually absent from most of Europe. No doubt their belief in tithing and pro-education stance explains higher donations.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nope sorry not there yet, still in "watch this space" mode for me.

• blownaway
    blownaway

one never knows. I thought it would be years for Germany to reunite. In a few years the wall came down and the maps all changed. I would not bet on it knowing how brain washed the cult is.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

how many other contemporary religions are paying xxxxx amount a year in child abuse court cases? how many have lost their credit ratings? how many have defaulted on huge finance deals? how many had their assets as security against these loans? how many lost huge amounts of the 2008 global crash? and other losses on their hedge funds? looks like the WTS can answer yes to all of the above, how many organisations can walk out from the other side of all these factors in a healthy financial state? I'd say none at all , the glory days have long gone, all thats left is consolidation,reductions and more and more cost cutting, their buisness model from Nathan Knorr's great expansion plan is killing them, because they never planned for life in the 21st century, they were warned, I always remember a segment from Ray Franz' book In Search of Christian Freedom, when he invited a member of a worldly publishing company to assess the printing of the WT and Awake magazines, it was when donations were asked when placing them, would it have been about 40 cents per mag? they guy answered that he could turn out the mags for about 4 cents per mag and still turn a profit, but Ray said they all produced using voluntary labour! that made me think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit