Mickey Mouse vs. Looney Toons

by Leolaia 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Disney tunes never did a thing for me, and Mickey Mouse is nothing but a greedy entraprenuer.

I wouldn't expect much else from Mr. Walter Disney, would you? Note how the flagship characters embody so much of creators' personalities: Jim Henson's in Kermit the Frog, Mr. Rogers' in King Friday, etc. I always thought tho that it was Donald (or was it his father) that was so money-obsessed, counting it all the time.

Another unsavory aspect to Mickey Mouse that Walt infused may be found on the following website:

http://www.momentsintime.com/Disney%20Book%20Page.htm

Not that Warner Bros. characters were exactly innocent in this regard either.

Leolaia

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Bugs Bunny. No contest. The other WBs are also good; Taz, Daffy, Yosemite Sam, Road Runner, Wile E Coyote.

Donald was the only Disney character of interest to me, but after a few cartoons he is boring. How long can an angry person with a speach impediment be funny?

Did anybody else notice how the Disney characters were sort of unaware of their surroundings and what was going on around them?

On the other hand, look at the Road Runner. Quantum physics mind over matter-call it whatever-he could go through a tunnel that was just painted on a wall. He refused to aknowledge gravity. Did you ever see Tiny Tonn Adventures? Gogo the Dodo was boldly strange, that was his thing.

The Muppets of Jim Henson are enjoyable too. The Swedish Chef? Those two old men in the balcony?

I don't like crank yankers because of the whole fake phone calls thing, but they have had some funny puupet skits too. I think their funniest was a Kermit like puppet and a Ms. Piggy like puppet going at it on what looked like Oscar's garbage can. Very funny.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Re-bumped because inquiring minds need to know. Are YOU a Bugsophile or a Mickeyite?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I'm a bunny man, no rats 'round here.

" What's up doc?" THE original "What's up ? " dude.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't remember seeing Mickey Mouse shorts on TV when I was growing up. It was always Bugs or Tom and Jerry on Saturday mornings or after school. We loved Bugs in my house, it was a family affair to sit around the tube and watch Looney Tunes cartoons. Many of them were so creative and well-done, there's nothing like them.

Mel Blanc was so talented, Dave Chappelle even gave him props when he was on "Inside the Actors Studio" - I thought that was cool.

• bem
    bem

Looney toons and bugs bunny, Tex Avery was good, Donald was such a grouchy duck he was just annoying. Mickey is cute in T-shirts but not so fun in cartoons. Had to love Fog-Horn-leg-horn the big white rooster he was like my kin-folks, (no my folks don't have feathers it was the accent)

• M.J.
    M.J.

Definitely liked Bugs over Mickey.

But I also enjoyed Donald Duck.

And I am a big fan of Carl Barks' Donald Duck & Uncle Scrooge comics (origin of my avatar). The man was a genius.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Foghorn Leghorn are the best!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Looney Tunes, rock!

Though Disney animated films are superior.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Bugs definitely...Mickey does better as a stuffed animal or still picture...he's not funny

Goofy cartoons were good though. Like the how to drive episode. (can't remember the name of it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit