Mickey Mouse vs. Looney Toons

by Leolaia 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Did anyone catch the Looney Toons marathon the other week on Boomerang? I have to say that I always thought Disney Mickey Mouse cartoons sucked and were never funny to me. Who would you rather watch -- Mickey or Bugs Bunny? Daffy or Donald? Is there anyone here who wasn't bored stiff watching Disney Mickey Mouse cartoons early Sunday evening when you were a kid? Mickey seems to work better as a Disney icon than as a funny cartoon character. But here apparently are some people who like Mickey as a character:

http://www.rateitall.com/showitemria.aspx?itemid=D9E082BB-2B39-4CA9-ABE3-C2BA64A99832

I dunno. I've caught a few of the cartoons on the Disney Channel and they're still incredibly boring.

Leolaia

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    Mickey or Bugs Bunny? Daffy or Donald?

Bugs bunny is funnier than mickey... and Donald Duck is better than Daffy

C.C

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm a Bugs Bunny fan all the way -- even as a kid I preferred the sarcastic wit of Looney Toons vs. Mickey Mouse. As for today's cartoons, I'm a BIG Sponge Bob fan.\

Nina

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

Jessic Rbbit

Definitely a Looney Toon fan

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sponge Bob is pleasant. During the '90s I liked Ren and Stimpy too. BTW -- are there toons you really HATE? I'm lukewarm on Mickey Mouse. Quite boring, but I didn't outright loathe the cartoons. But I absolutely couldn't stand Tom and Jerry. It got me mad how unfair it was to the poor cat who was always misunderstood and the damn mouse always got away with murder. I still feel outraged at it when I think about it.... (couldn't have anything to do with the fact that i was a misunderstood kid, huh?)

Leolaia

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

alt

Jessica Rabbit is a Disney cartoon.

Will

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

Im bad... but she's still pretty cool...

• morty
    morty

Bugs Bunny fans all the way here.....My hubby is the biggest fan...He is worse then the kids to get up on a Sunday morning for the cartoons...

Nothing like having a good cup of coffee with the smell of bacon and eggs cooking,and watching bugs and the gang!..That is the best!Tongue On The Floor

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I think the Disney animation was more known for their artistic detail, where the Warner Bros. cartoon were "slap stick" kind of humor. I actually like them both and appreciate their different artistic talents

Will

• Gopher
    Gopher

Disney Studios continues to crank out gems like Toy Story (1 and 2), and Brother Bear. (Along with recent classics like Mulan and Aladdin.) I like these much better than Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

Warner Brothers seems to be less prolific, but they did put out "Space Jam", one of the best live action/cartoon movies of the late 20th century.

I appreciate the efforts of both studios.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit