Mickey Mouse vs. Looney Toons

by Leolaia 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Gopher,

There is a new Warner Bros, movie just released this holiday season.

I agree Disney has been more prolific but they have put out some bad stuff trying to capitalize on the Disney name.

Will

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I agree Disney has been more prolific but they have put out some bad stuff trying to capitalize on the Disney name.

Like Return to Neverland? Cinderella II? Do you remember that Smigel Saturday Night Live commerical for a Disney Bambi 2002 sequel movie -- that was hilarious. Half the animation was recycled from the original, mother deer came back seemingly from the dead ("It was just a flesh wound, dear," she tells Bambi), with new hip hop songs, Bambi fighting terrorists by kicking them with hoofs as the other forest animals chant "U.S.A., U.S.A," dodging hunter's bullets a la The Matrix, the TV spot narrator extolling the movie's "high-powered Disney action"....

The Warner Bros. stuff lately seems to be pretty lousy too tho. The Muppets, tho, THEY'VE remained consistently good.

Leolaia

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I love them both, so I don't really care... unless I'm sick. Then I have to watch Disney cartoons and eat grilled cheese sammiches, while laying on the couch covered up in my favorite blanket. It's worked for me since I was 10. I highly recommend it next time you are ill.

Country

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I have never tired of Bugs Bunny.

Bugs Rules!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Remember when Farkel did his Looney Tunes / Dwelling in Unity / From House to house medley?

Its here in the opening post to the thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/43292/1.ashx

Hilarious stuff!

Englishman.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I always liked Looney Tunes, especially Bugs Bunny, Daffy, Tweety, and the Roadrunner.

Disney tunes never did a thing for me, and Mickey Mouse is nothing but a greedy entraprenuer.

• berten
    berten

I always preferred Tex Avery cartoons above Disney & Looney...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Englishman....I can't believe I missed that the first time around! This board has so many gems. I always thought Song 65 sounded kinda funny....was it a "Kingdom Melody" or a "Merrie Melody"?? *smile* --Leolaia

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Seems that space aliens prefer Mickey:

alt

• tink
    tink

i always hated looney toons. i'm definitely a disney girl. whoever said the muppets are consistently good is right, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit