Have you heard the one about "Back to the Future" Predicting 911??

by EndofMysteries 72 Replies latest social entertainment

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

We need to revist that viv. Eddie was and remained the genuis behind the band, aside from you know actually BEING the band name.

Roth was a great front man and had a great voice but their best success came after his departure. Hardly a recomendation for his value to the group

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Roth was a great front man and had a great voice but their best success came after his departure.

That's a common mistake.

Combined sales of Van Hagar albums - 27 million.

For Van Halen? - 56 million.

Or we can break it down by album... 6.75 million/album for Van Hagar, 9.33 million/album for Van Halen. Best of Volume 1 contains 10 songs with Roth, 7 with Hagar. Best of both worlds contains more songs from the albums with Roth. Rolling Stone's readers picks are 8 Roth era songs with a whopping 2 for the Hagar era. The top iTunes downloads for Van Halen are 80% Roth era.

There is literally no measure by which Van Halen is not demonstrably better and more successful than Van Hagar.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Oh god.... Im going to have to do the unthinkable. Im going to show you where your wrong.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Oh god.... Im going to have to do the unthinkable. Im going to show you where your wrong.

You're welcome to try. People have, many times, tried to shoot down that reality. Allow me to show you how that attempt ends.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im flattered that you used a matrix reference ;)

The highest a halen album ever reached with dimond dave was #2 on the charts. all four with sammy hit number 1.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The highest a halen album ever reached with dimond dave was #2 on the charts. all four with sammy hit number 1.

Too bad the listeners didn't or care enough to buy them. David wins. Also the top charts, especially back in the day, was a measure of radio play primarily. Watered down Van Hagar certainly had more radio friendly songs, a sign, not of being better, but of watered down sugar syrup fit for the most droll, regulated and bland media, but by no means an indicator of "better", at best more generic.

Don't hurt your toe when the mic you dropped lands on it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I like Hagar and Roth equally.

If anyone has a problem with that, go f**k yourself.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"There is literally no measure by which Van Halen is not demonstrably better and more successful than Van Hagar."

i literally gave you four.

Sorry babe but i will still respect you in the morning... Unless you dont want me too ;)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I like Hagar and Roth equally.
    If anyone has a problem with that, go f**k yourself.

Why do you imagine anyone would care what you like?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The problem with this vid is that the narrator says the twin towers 'IS' the pines. It's an hilarious conspiracy video.

Back to the Future was just a fun film.

I await Eastenders being a prediction of armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit