Have you heard the one about "Back to the Future" Predicting 911??

by EndofMysteries 72 Replies latest social entertainment

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Who do i send my money too

I've a paypal setup for my kids college fund.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Maybe if the Cubs win the World Series this year, I will put faith in the "Back To The Future prophecy." Especially if they sweep in 5 games. LOL Then I will become a true believer.

• cha ching
    cha ching

This video reminds me of 'propaganda techniques', as it repeats phrases over and over, starts off as "could be" and becomes "it IS".... "We learned this fact in this scene"... Sounds a lot like Russell in his crazy books, and also like the WT in it's "revealing of new lights"

I wish I had the time, and I would connect the dots between another movie, another event, along with a book, and say "I predicted it" and afterwards I would reveal the utter ridiculousness of it all....

People create these wild videos, and say "Here, it's a fact, YOU disprove it," when really, THEY are the ones who should prove it in the first place.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    ^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^
  • TheMark
    TheMark

Well we only have a few days left before Oct 21, 2015 (date Marty goes to the future). You'll find out if any of this was a prediction from the illuminati. The big question, "Will the cubbies win the world series?". Now that would be one hell of a coincidence. The Cubs haven't won since 1908.

Anyway, where's my flying car?

• stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    There is a disclaimer at the start of the video.
    "The following is a work of mysticism and sophistry"

"Apophenia productions"...
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    he gave me something wild and and fanciful for my money.... What do you got to equal it ;)
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Guys we believed in 1914, end of the world, god has a human organization he runs, the devil is to blame for everything, that we will play with Cobra's in a new world.

I think it's safe to say we have a habit of falling for stuff like this. Nothing more than a coincidence or people making themselves see something that isn't there. Just like when you thought Jehovah answered every pray and you had no control over the outcome.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The narrator used a lot of words. I am not sure I understand the point. If he knew 9/11 was a future event I why was his message so cryptic.

BTW, the first thing I thought about as seeing the 9/11 events was the pictures in the Paradise book about falling buildings. So, perhaps the Watchtower provided a script of these events. I often wondered if the terrorists got the idea after looking at the pictures from the Paradise book. That was one evil book.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

I think this is a good example of deliberate data mining/lottery fallacy/cherry picking fallacy...

In a large set of data you can easily pick individual details to prove a certain point.

To be able to "foretell" 9/11 with the sample size of one movie is not likely, but if you look at all movies as a collective... The chance of finding one movie with all these connections is much higher.

Lottery Fallacy
    The lottery fallacy is a misuse of statisics that generally argues that a particular phenomenon has such a low probability of happening that because it did happen, it cannot be by chance alone. This argument is often used by creationists in an attempt to argue that because the Earth’s conditions are perfect for life, the Earth must have been designed for us. Asking what is the probability that this particular phenomenon should occur? is asking the wrong question. The law of truly large numbers states that with a large enough sample size, any unlikely thing is likely to happen. A more meaningful question is what is the probability that any unlikely phenomenon should occur, given a large enough sample size?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit