Would You Outlaw Jehovah's Witnesses If You Had Your Way?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I still believe in freedom of religion even if I disagree with the beliefsof the religion. What about you?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Would You Outlaw Jehovah's Witnesses If You Had Your Way?

OUTLAW?!..

JW`s are not worthy of anything "OUTLAW"-ish.

I prefer:

prohibit, forbid, veto, proscribe, disallow, make illegal, embargo, bar, debar, block, stop, suppress, interdict.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yes because cults like the JWs kill people! It's not about freedom of religion. If a new cult popped up in your area and one of their practices was to sacrifice children to their god you would be disgusted and want them shut down and arrested. But because your used to the idea that people should not have a blood transfusion even if it killed them then it's not disgusting to you.

Unfortunately that's how humans work. If something is introduced slowly or your exposed to it at a young age in your mind it's ok.

The Canaanites continued to sacrifice children all the way up until Roman times. This is one of the reason why the romans destroyed the city of Carthage and out lawed the practice in Asia. What the Canaanites saw as normal the Romans saw as disgusting!

• minimus
    minimus

When my JW mother made me promise her that I would never give her a blood transfusion, I agreed. I still respected her right of religious beliefs even if I disagreed.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It is never the wise course to single out a particular cult for banning. Doing so only causes the govt. to fall into their persecution narrative. I think this is the best approach for dealing with cults:

(1) Outlaw harmful practices, giving no exemptions on grounds of religious freedom. Examples: Make it criminal for any parent to refuse their child life-saving medical treatment in the absence of readily available effective alternatives. Make it criminal for any person in authority - corporate, religious or otherwise - to teach subordinates to refuse medical treatment to the death. Make it a hate crime for any authority to teach subordinates to shun any group of people whether by race, religion, organization membership ... whatever. Freedom of religion stops where it can be demonstrated that their practices are harmful physically or psychologically - without any exceptions. No special privileges in the name of religion!

(2) Make it illegal for any organization - religious or otherwise - to have secret policies or secret rules that only a few at the top are privileged to see. All rules, guidelines, policies, etc that govern the operations of an organization must be publicly accessible. The only exceptions would be for confidential data about rank and file members and information related to physical security measures to deter theft and physical attack, etc. The only organizations that want to have secret rules are those that are intent on engaging in unethical or illegal practices.

(3) Educate the population on critical thinking - from primary school to university. Make it as important as Math! Make this education mandatory in all schools! Avoiding this education by homeschooling is not an option! Also, educate the population about the deceitful and harmful actions of cults - without naming any one. Make this a rigorous, ongoing education campaign. This will essentially inoculate the public against cult indoctrination.

In other words, employ legal measures to make it very difficult for cults to function and grow as cults, thus forcing them to abandon their cult traits or risk the leaders and those enforcing cult traits being arrested for criminal behavior.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

At the least, Religions should come with warning labels.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I think kids should be taught about fallacy and social pressure and cults in school far more than they are. That would do much more to kill JWs and other cults than banning them.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I wouldn't illegalize any religion, but in my world anyone who wishes to embrace one of the Abrahamic faiths would be immediately sterilized, have their children seized by the state and would be prohibited from proselytizing. My reasoning on this is that Abraham was willing to murder his own son because a voice in his head told him to. Christians, Muslims and Jews all seem to agree that this schizophrenic did the right thing in tying his child up and putting a blade to his throat; that God stayed his hand at the last moment is beside the point. Hence, anyone who embraces a religion that honors this man should not be allowed anywhere near children.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

What Island Man said!

• fukitol
    fukitol

Pretty much what Island man said. Just outlaw the harmful practices and policies particularly the blood transfusion policy, two witnesses rule child abuse policy, shunning policy, etc. Ban any religion that refuses to stop clearly harmful practices and arrest the leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit