The most successful teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses and an amazing new book on the divine name

by slimboyfat 332 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with you that the existence of nuclear weapons is most unfortunate and countries shouldn't be allowed to pursue nuclear weapons programs but this: a refusal to fight seems increasingly sensible is nonsense.

All you need to do is turn on the news or read a paper. Reality doesn't match your dream.

Fighting is just as popular as it's ever been, maybe more so.

And sometimes there is justification for the use of deadly force. The armed policemen who shot dead the terrorists near London Bridge were 100% right to do what they did. They prevented more innocent people from being injured and killed.

I'm certainly glad the armed policemen didn't suffer from a bout of pacifism ...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes the government rightly has the authority and responsibility to bear the sword according to the New Testament.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well if you call shunning friends and family members and reserving the back seats at the hall for them, having love among themselves, i agree they are very unique among Christians.

• steve2
    steve2

Seventh-Day Adventists do non-combatant duties such as serving as medics - which JWs used to sniff at.

Nowadays, at least in some parts of the world, JWs are allowed to do non-combatant duties.

Not so unique after all.

• Laika
    Laika
    Well if you call shunning friends and family members and reserving the back seats at the hall for them, having love among themselves, i agree they are very unique among Christians.

I don't disagree Vanderhoven, this place is testament to the truth that JWs are pretty poor at loving one another, they are also often poor at 'loving their enemies' - their disdain for apostates, or desire for Armageddon, could hardly be called 'loving'. Though I still believe other Christians can learn something from them on war, consider that the Nazi Germany army could not have fought without the support of baptised Christians, for example.

• cofty
    cofty

Laika - It's amazing that anybody still finds that facile argument impressive.

We don't live in a world where unicorns fart rainbows.

• Laika
    Laika

Which argument? Nazi Germany could not have fought world war 2 without the support of baptised Christians, this is obviously true.

• cofty
    cofty

It's ridiculously facile.

• Laika
    Laika
    Asserting something does not make it so.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I know that Mennonites refused to put on uniforms as well in Nazi Germany. It was go in this room and suit up or out that door and be shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit