I was surprised today by what I saw a JW driving

by days of future passed 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Drove around in MG's and open-top Sunbeams in my dubby days. No-one said a word. It didn't occur to me that there might be a problem.

• Simon
    Simon
    If it's an X model, it's over $100,000.

Yeah, "if" ... and if not, it could be $30k ... or leased, or 2nd hand, or a company vehicle.

Really, how tiresome and pathetic to judge people based on the vehicle they drive. You have no idea of their circumstances but you think it's fair to judge them and effectively call them hypocrites?

Sheesh, some people need to get over the huge chips they have on their shoulder about JWs. They are regular people, regular people buy cars, some buy nice ones because they can afford to.

Some people are just way too bitter and obsessed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In my old Hall for some strange reason most of the elders were rich who drove around in Mercedes or Cadillacs and wore the most expensive suits etc.

I thought many times how and why is it that these particular men in the congregation who are suppose to be the most righteous were also the richest ???

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know about cars, but jobos drive me mad.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

This is not the greatest of OPs, I concur, but it raises a great topic.

I've known JWs with Hummers, Lambos, Ferraris etc.

Anyone on here remember the guy that used to drive a Rolls Royce to the assembly hall in Monroe NY and then give talks on the platform, usually the bigger parts because he was such a great speaker? Circa late 80s early 90s.

Personally I think it is a good thing for the R&F to see. Someone not living the simplest of lifestyle yet being well used by the cult leadership. Red flag boys and girls, not everyone needs to make huge sacrifices to be loved by Jehovah's awesome organization, obviously.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Matthew 19:23-26

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

• fulano
    fulano

I agree with Simon. What’s in a car? It’s so narrow minded to judge because of a car. It’s in the same category as the “expensive suits”(not), supposed “Rolexes” etc. It makes the apostates a silly bunch of poor, and narrow minded people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Exactly, there is so much more to why the JWS cult is fraudulent and damaging to people who get involved with it than materialistic hypocrisy.

• blondie
    blondie

I never made a deal of if a jw had a nice car and had the means to pay for it. What bothered me when that person came over and counseled or criticized me for having a nice car.

In fact, it always bothered me when someone counseled me for doing the same thing they were doing and being hailed as a good jw.

• fulano
    fulano

What is materialistic hypocrisy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit