What Has Happened To This Site

by Pants of Righteousness 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Sorry, off to get my gun.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This Site has changed a lot over the last decade or so, many of the really erudite Posters we used to have contributing , no longer do so. There is always the Search Button for people to find their excellent Posts.

It still remains a place where exiting J.W's can receive advice and support, of varying quality.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

its not what it used to be. most of the really interesting and knowledgeable members have gone.

you only get the leftovers like me now.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

This site, the contributing members, and the insightful information, i.e. ttatt, was very helpful as I actively began my very successful fade about 11-12 years ago.

Is it just me or does it seem like it has morphed into a more political/racial opinion battle ground. CNN vs FOX news. Actual, helpful facts about religion, it's man made origins, the bible and it's mythological beginnings , have, to some degree been supplanted by opinions on politics and racial issues!

I miss Blondie's comments/research on what the wt really says!

just saying!

• tiki
    tiki

Agreed....and too much opinionizing on politics and controversial social topics..... I skip over 90% of the posts....I just find them annoying.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

CNN vs FOX news

eyeuse ....

Things are now just in a more biblical context. When you mention CNN and Fox news, just think of sheep and goats.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

increasing spikes of opinionated + self inflated idiocy = verbiating forum clutterage

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I doubt its anything more than many were already getting old. One had told me they had many issues with health in a PM. You don't get a lot of info from 20 somethings.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Many have moved on because JW stuff stops being interesting after being out for a while.

Then there are those that have left after being "offended" at being unable to defend their ideas. It's always interesting across the many forums I am present, one side calls for censorship of ideas and if the moderators agree, you get an echo chamber and if the moderators aren't censoring, they leave in protest instead of engaging in discussion leaving behind an echo chamber.

There are still interesting conversations around here, but the world has been changing as have conversations in the world, I can't believe people that left the JW mindset are now simply re-accepting similar ideas of collective guilt, group division, religious creeds and groupthink in politics.

• Simon
    Simon

The left has jumped dramatically further left. Those who have gone along with it now see anything "normal" as extreme right wing.

We don't bow to any mob, we don't tolerate idiocy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit