What Has Happened To This Site

by Pants of Righteousness 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS:

Of course there are JW related things, but I agree the forum has changed somewhat.

Even though I generally loathe politics and the things that are going on in the country and the world...I sometimes have to jump in and say what I feel about things when I see a topic that sets me off because of BS being spouted!!!

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

But should we not focus on whAt the original stated purposes of the site where? I miss the old topics that where apolitical and centered on the fallacies of the Jehovah's witnesses. Do you think the politics has scared off some of the posters who where more concerned with with wbts doctrine? Ie. lady lee

• Simon
    Simon

We've always had discussion of many different topics. Not everyone wants to talk "WTS" all the time and there isn't always anything really happening in WatchTower land anyway. In some ways all the "other" talk provides interest and keeps community together in between the major WTS related events happening.

What we don't allow are people to fill the site with propaganda. Some people don't like that, because that's what they want to do. If some are "scared off" by discussions, then that is entirely on them. People can click past things that don't interest them, right?

Anyone is free to post as long as they stick to the posting guidelines. They are also free to leave if they don't want to or don't like the site.

• millie210
    millie210

To me, the "Org" has gotten less interesting due to NO new content whatsoever.

They are not doing anything good. They are not doing anything bad.....they are just blah.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What I like about this site is that all serious minded people are welcome, be they Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, or otherwise, to express their views on politics and religion, faith and science. On top of that there is unanimous concern for those trapped in or emerging from the Watchtower.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@millie: I agree, but I think that's largely due to me getting tired of the same thing. When I got out a few years ago, I was excited about all the new things I was learning and all the minutiae the Borg was bringing out.

Going back, being older myself now and knowing much more of the history, there really hasn't been anything new in WT-land since the 80s. They started playing it safer after 75 and currently they feel a lot like 'just another Christian televangelist group'.

Yeah, there are still major issues within the organization but the business entity really has taken a back seat and are just letting the locals figure out how hardcore they want to pursue this whole thing. My local congregation has gotten a LOT more relaxed, the hardcore pioneers and elders got disfellowshipped and/or got disillusioned themselves and the Zoom "meetings" have turned into family nights where they play board games.

And there is nothing unique that JW's are doing today, they've ended their ministry which is the only thing that stood out, every church is on Zoom and it's just another social group for most.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

if people are more interested in talking about politics and social issues than wt stuff.....

isnt that a great thing?

doesnt that mean that now they are starting to really become part of the world they live?

besides how many more times would you need to post that rusell had affairs? its already there....

now back to the protests....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

To me, the "Org" has gotten less interesting

millie ...

I agree. I think the Borg is on the slow end of the news cycle.

Major topics now include a GB member criticizing tight pants, buying scotch and another GB member contorting his face.

Having another Rutherford or Franz around would provide more content.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Another major change that is occurring is the movement away from English speakers, so non-English sites are gaining in importance.

• LV101
    LV101

How many yrs did we remain polite re/the left's idolatry of Obama - at least for a decade but turns out he's a thug like we knew all along. How about all the slamming of Fox News which is all there was (is?) from the state controlled media. Of course, it's obvious why.

No one needs a gun if you're delusional and the state politicians say so. After all taxpayers pay/provide for their private security for life along with use of the metro police depts - no worries/be happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit