JWs just called at my daughter's house and said the end is near because .....

by Xanthippe 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

the world is getting worse, for example children are getting more cheeky!

Proof positive!

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

How long will they be able to beat that drum?

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

For the unhappy miserable people out there this will always be "good news!" There happy god is coming to destroy billions of people....

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

jehovahs long term solution to all the worlds problems. kill everybody ! i like his thinking.

• sparky1
    sparky1

'The end is near because...( insert social, political or personal difficulties HERE)

Might I remind those zealous proclaimers of doom and gloom that just called on your daughter the following scripture:

"But the end of all things has drawn close." - 1 Peter 4:7 NWTRevised

Those words were written by Peter 62-64 A.D. , almost 2000 years ago. How near is near? How close is close?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Doesn't every generation (in the normal use of the term) complain about children being disobedient to parents? Mr and Mrs Householder would usually agree when I'd share that scripture 30 years ago LOL!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Their lives are miserable, mundane, and unfulfilled. The only thing that keeps them going, and makes it somewhat bearable, is the thought that God is gonna come and destroy everyone and everything.

It really is a miserable existence, when you have to "cheer" for a sadistic God to come and wipe it all away. It keeps them going cause they are constantly ranting how "bad" the world is. Its wicked, wicked, wicked.

Nope, its THEIR lives that are "bad", and it helps them sleep at night thinking mighty Jahs gonna come and just spare them. Delusions of grandeur.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

She would have told them she has JW relatives (who have nothing to do with her) but they basically shoved a leaflet at her and left. Of all the things they could have highlighted in the world, cheeky children. Lame. They obviously know nothing of the world outside their little religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If the bible says that then it has to be true and if it was said by Jah's earthly organization the JWorg. then you know is true.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

My suggestion for a reply is, "well I think you are being cheeky coming to my door and I bet even you have serious misgivings about what you are doing. Also I bet you wonder what on earth people think of you. Please leave your leaflet in the green wheelie bin. Thank you. Good bye."

Could also have said, "what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be chained to a trolley in the High Street?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit