JWs just called at my daughter's house and said the end is near because .....

by Xanthippe 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I know! Its need!!! I mean we dont have it as good as they did like in the 15th century, or the 12th century! And forget about the Dark Ages, it was soooo nice then!

Great site with real data on how the world had gotten better not worse.

https://ourworldindata.org/

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The reference to not watching news was on a broadcast. If you dont know about an event you cannot form an opinion or discuss it with householders. No matter that it makes you look like an ignoramus to most everyone

• jesscd
  • blondie
    blondie

Perhaps she was thinking about 2 Timothy 3:1-3, which in part says below:

Of course, the WTS says that one of the signs are earthquakes and that have increased (they have not but that is another discussion). So if there is an uptick in reporting on disobedient children, many jws will say the end is even closer, disregarding the scripture at Matthew 24:44.

2 Timothy 3:1-3

But know this, that in the last days+ critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents,

Matthew 24:44

44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready,+ because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

And rude JWs knock knock knock on my door in the AM without an invitation or appointment!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPARKY:

The bible does say the end is near in the New Testament. That’s a LONG time ago. Of course, everything ends - even galaxies. But, the JWs just want us to go running back to the hall - so we can be psychologically abused and exploited and our time wasted!..Sorry, once was enough.

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

Yes, many Witnesses are in a news blackout and cannot intelligently discuss current events. So, them saying ‘things are bad’ is just a cliche.

The religion wants ‘em ignorant so they don’t question anything.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Everything is proof we're right!

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"

• JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

I've always thought about this.

I don't think that the world is getting any worse than it is or was, it's just that technology and communication has increased so much that we now hear more often about things happening.

In the 1800's you would have read in the newspaper about a crime, then maybe 2 weeks later about another crime.

Nowadays with the internet you hear/read/see something every second.

Now the Pope can fart in front of the Queen and within a minute half the world has commented on it.. probably with a like.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

In the 1800's you would have read in the newspaper about a crime, then maybe 2 weeks later about another crime. - Jayduby

Very true, I sometimes search old newspapers, some from the 1800s on microfilm in my job. All the crimes are there and also the reports of suicides which struck me. Suicide from despair is not at all new.

Also what hits you in the eye are the adverts for quack medicines in 19th century newspapers. Some of them sound so dangerous. People who think some diseases are hopeless now, should read the desperation those remedies suggest.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A easy way to debunk it...

...if it's so much worse now than it's ever been before, at one time period in history would you rather live if given a choice? The Old West? The Middle Ages? The Roman Empire?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit