JWs just called at my daughter's house and said the end is near because .....

by Xanthippe 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible states that children that dishonor their parents should be put to death, so maybe this is why children are more cheeky these days, parents aren't having their children put to death like in biblical times.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh don't give them ideas.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Holy crap they are really reaching. I heard back in the 70s if god does not bring the big A soon he will have to apologize to Sodom.

• atomant
    atomant

Those words were written by Peter 62-64 A.D. , almost 2000 years ago. How near is near? How close is close?But the end of all things has drawn close." - 1 Peter 4:7 NWTRevised and in the mean time billions and billions have died many thinking they too were living in the last days.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well let`s all hope it is the end of the JW/WT religion because its long well overdue.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The end is near because Jehovah is speeding up the work.

w03 7/15 p. 20 par. 21 - “Today, he is speeding up the final spiritual harvest.” (Isaiah 60:22)

This is org reverse-speak for God slowing the work down, as witnessed (TM) by the unprecedented cuts in literature production, unprecedented cuts in actual preaching by JW's, (think trolley-zombies) the unprecedented sell-off of KH's & Branches, and the termination of District Overseers, older Circuit Overseers, Special Pioneers, and countless Bethelites.

Yup, the great expansion can be seen by looking through the wrong end of the org's binoculars.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Last month they said to not watch any news so how could they know world conditions?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Did they say that road to nowhere? I'm not surprised! My JW sister hasn't had a working TV for over thirty years, I don't know if she looks at news online. Ignorance is bliss.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates 375 BC

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you so much Lets Think! I was just thinking about that quote from Plato but I couldn't remember how to find it. From the Republic isn't it? The more things change the more they stay the same eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit