What is your relationship with ALCOHOL?

by nicolaou 76 Replies latest social physical

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I served at Bethel. Need I say more?

All joking aside, I'll have a few beers or mixed drinks. Not every night, not every week. I don't get drunk, just a slight buzz, then I stop.

I used to drink too much when I left Bethel, had income, and was trying to drown my cognitive dissonance.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am an alcoholic. I wouldn't stick with two drinks a day or 14 drinks a week or many limitations.

Some people need to do a self-examination to see if they do (or can) go alcohol-free for several days or even just one day.

That said, I think that there are many young people who party and drink heavily, but are not alcoholics- it could be just an occasional thing or something of a phase they go through. Others drink a little every day and are not alcoholics.

The guidelines are okay, but they are not the end-all. They might just be a good guide to make people look at their habits.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If it's in the house i'll drink it, if it isnt in the house I don't. :D

I'm too tight to be a heavy drinker thankfully and the very few times i've been drunk in my life i hated it it. I like to be in control.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't drink at all. I don't like the taste. I've never understood it at all.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

As a witness I drank to cope...

Now just because I enjoy it!!

Praise be to Dionysus!

But seriously...

I have stopped drinking beer as I am in my mid 30's, I love it but makes me a fat ass. Wine I am a certified eno-phile wine nerd, but also I have cut this back for fat ass reasons. I don't drink many "Mixed" drinks... At most in the mixed department I will have a martini, negroni, gin&tonic, or old fashioned. But typically straight whiskey... small batch american bourbon, single malt scotch... Japanese whiskey and so on.

@slimboyfat where were your role models man!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

On the taste aspect Slim', what have you tried? An Ouzo is a world away from a Guinness. I've never understood folks who say "I don't like the taste".

Not that it matters, I just don't get it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I haven't tried all that much. Beer in particular is horrible. And whisky and cognac were like I imagine petrol would taste. I went to a wine tasting once and I liked one or two but I can't remember their names. I preferred the cheese and grapes. If I ever drank it would probably be wine. But I'm not bothered.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    slimboyfat: Do you like coffee?
  • brandnew
    brandnew

My avatar is a mad puppy, but i drink like a fishโ˜บ

My relatives make sugar cane moonshine "pitorro".....and well....i gotta make sure it tastes good ....duh!!!!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘…

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I hate coffee. Although I've only ever tasted it by mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit